Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 01:14 AM
Elite Member

BrianSD_42 is just really nice BrianSD_42 is just really nice BrianSD_42 is just really nice BrianSD_42 is just really nice BrianSD_42 is just really nice
Elite Member

BrianSD_42 is just really nice BrianSD_42 is just really nice BrianSD_42 is just really nice BrianSD_42 is just really nice BrianSD_42 is just really nice
Back Story

2004 (back-story)

2004 - Day trip out to Anzo Borrego Desert in Southern California

Truck is still 99% stock in this pic. Shortly afterwards I add a pre-runner bar and PIAA lights.

Shot of the rear; notice I still have on the running boards

Cruising around Anzo Borego

Custom Rocksliders

Several years go by without any strong mods. Eventually in 2006 I get out of the Navy and besides going to college, I start messing with my truck.

On of the first mods I decided to do was to add Custom Rocksliders, pictured below.

These were fabricated and welded on for a total of $400 by The Truck Shop in San Diego, CA

I like these sliders a lot, they are pretty beefy and were built.

2008 – At this point I had moved to Santa Cruz, CA to go to school using the GI-BILL.

University of California, Santa Cruz has one of the nicest campuses and is pretty close to the beach and ~4 hours from Sierra Nevada.
The closest off road park is Hollister, CA which is about 1 hour east.

2008 – A bunch of MODs added

At this point I had some decent mods:
* Sonoran Steel System 1.2, ~ 3” Lift
------ Tundra coils; Tokiko struts; Landcruiser coils
* American Eagle Alloy Wheels
* 265x70xR16 BFG AT/S tires
* Pre-Runner Bar
* PIAA 520 Fog Lights
* Lund Deflector
* Custom Rocksliders
* Stickers that add 20HP

1st trip to Hollister, CA

The Hollister park has a lot of really great trails and these pics don't do it justice. 95% of the time I was behind the wheel so I didn't really snap that many cool pics.

Testing out the flex; 4Runner pulled through Hollister park with no problems (if it had been raining might have been different story)

Stepping foot in the baby SUV playpen!

Notice the lift level, the SS 1.2 has been installed ~ 18 months in this picture and SAG is minimal.

Post trip assessment, back when I only had 169,000 miles on my 4Runner

Upcoming posts / mods:

* New headlights
* New 99 corner lights
* Satoshi Grill Mod
* ARB bumper
* Fog light switch retrofit
* Bilstien shocks
* Bud Built Skid
* Sand & paint rear bumper
* K&N cold-air intake
* Full car stereo retrofit: deck, amp x 2, speakers, subs.
Let me know your thoughts, I'll be updating as I get spare time

Last edited by BrianSD_42; 06-05-2014 at 03:37 AM.
BrianSD_42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote