Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 02:08 PM

cknsls@adelphia is on a distinguished road

cknsls@adelphia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by foyaboya View Post
Ok after replacing all above mentioned items...i was still not as happy as i wanted to be due to slight swaying going down highway. The day after the installation we took a trip out to west Texas and i swear coupled with the side wind I was bout fed up with the swaying...decided to turn to the tires next. Went out to discount tire and got BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A K/O's they did not have my size in stock (265/70/ R16's) instead they suggested 75/R 16's which i thought would be quite nice. Tip they had the White Walls bout 30 bucks cheaper per tire! Anyway after getting them installed it was obvious the main culprit was the tire. Here's what i decided. The reason for the sway and general ride complaints was the thinner walls on the previous tire which were Michelin LTX M/S2
Attachment 43817
apparently the BFG's have a thicker wall which made all the difference in the world.
Attachment 43818
does anyone have any air pressure recommendation's? Also they seem to be a bit heavier than the Michelin's? I can tell a little loss of power and seems like Runner is a little heavier on the road. So if i had it all to do over again I would upgrade the or make sure the tires were good then move onto the rest of the suspension. Oh yeah the guy said 4Runners were top heavy to some extent what are y'all thoughts on this?
Thanks,
Fernando
This has me concerned. I have the FJ springs and also the stock Tokico black shocks. I also have a set of Michelin Cross Terrains I bought some time ago. However, your complaint has not been a common one. I am thinking of going with the KYB GR2s since it's my wife's daily driver for the shocks. Since I tow a little, I may decide to go with the FJ springs ONLY IN THE REAR.

Last edited by cknsls@adelphia; 05-03-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling
cknsls@adelphia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote