View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 AM

foyaboya is on a distinguished road

foyaboya is on a distinguished road
Continued findings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cknsls@adelphia View Post
This has me concerned. I have the FJ springs and also the stock Tokico black shocks. I also have a set of Michelin Cross Terrains I bought some time ago. However, your complaint has not been a common one. I am thinking of going with the KYB GR2s since it's my wife's daily driver for the shocks. Since I tow a little, I may decide to go with the FJ springs ONLY IN THE REAR.
cknsls@adelphia,
It is/was a major concern to me as well. Let me provide a further update. I have decided to take off the OEM coils i bought and return them to www.toyotoapartszone.com. I called them and let them know I was unhappy with the height of the coils as I was expecting them to be the tall 99' coils. It turns out I did not get the talls. I ordered by my VIN, pretty cool feature with them you type in your VIN and all the parts are filtered for your 4Runner. Anyway i am reordering the coils for the limited edition 99 4Runner which are a different part# (48231-35151) which are $83.58 a piece, i originally ordered rear coils part# (48231-35210) which are $73.60 a piece. He could not confirm the specs or measurement but I decided to give it a shot since they are different part # and more expensive. I may go with Bilstein shocks in the rear as well, but for sure i am going to install the airbags which I think are called airlift 1000. I've read alot about them on a couple threads and the guy at discount tire said he used them on his 4Runner and it improved the ride noticeably. As it sits right now with the stock replacement shocks and springs it is 1 inch shorter in the back unloaded, and loaded with groceries and 4 3gallon water containers last night it was almost 1 3/4 in lower. My wife and I were sitting on the back of the Runner while filling up the water containers and i noticed if we bounced a little we were already hitting the bump stops no good! We shall see once I am finished with the other mods. I am very happy with the side stability of the rig with the new tires though if it's a daily driver i highly recommend the 3 ply sidewalls!