Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:22 PM

Jeff4runner is on a distinguished road

Jeff4runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoastrunner View Post

on a side note, this is my first toyota, and I am not impressed with reliability thus far.

In last two months, i have changed front calipers/rotors/pads and rear rotors/pads and E-brake hardware. Replaced tires (i know, nothing one can do).
Last week the liftgate lock motor broke and the window regulator are shot.
Constant ticking of engine that is well documented in the forum too (v8)
Now this?
Dont worry about "reliability." Its a toyota, enough said.

Some things you listed are maintenance. Pads, rotors, and hardware all wear out just like every other car. Needing new calipers, cant say much, but that may be from neglect on a shops part. Tires, wear out.

Everything that broke in the back door could be from water damage. You probably need to replace the dew guards on the bottom of the window. VSC, just sucks, but I can deal with it failed on mine. Lets me drift...
04' 4Runner 255 HP V6, Custom CA Intake, Spectre Filter, Custom Interior Light, General Grabbers 265/70/17, Catalytic converter deletes, Flowmaster High Flow Muffler, JBA Performance Headers, Jet Black Bull Bar, Rear Diff Breather Mod, 9006/9005 Silverstar Ultras in all * 160K Club *
Jeff4runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote