View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:09 PM

TwoPairsofBoots is an unknown quantity at this point

TwoPairsofBoots is an unknown quantity at this point
I was having the same sulphur-smell issue. I called my local dealer with the TSB number, but he wanted to research it first. Turns out he came up with a different TSB (darn, I didn't ask for which one).

I brought the 4R in last week and got my catalytic converter replaced under the 80,000-mile Emissions Warranty. There are 1-2 air flow sensors installed in the converter; mine were stuck, so they ordered new ones and also covered those under warranty. Final bill would have been nearly $2,600.

Honestly, now that it's done, I think I preferred how it smelled before. But I figure that since I got the parts replaced at 42K miles, these parts will just last me that much longer.

My local mechanic said he'd charge me $100 to re-route the tailpipe off to the side, instead of out the back. I'll be doing that later this month. Hopefully that helps reduce the exhaust that gets sucked back into the cabin.
TwoPairsofBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote