View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM

techno is a jewel in the rough techno is a jewel in the rough techno is a jewel in the rough

techno is a jewel in the rough techno is a jewel in the rough techno is a jewel in the rough
What did you do for the pad shims? Did your new pads come with them? Can you post a pic of how you fitted the wire spring thingy?

I ask because this info is never in any write ups, and I've seen it done multiple ways. I did the upgrade to 199mm calipers last month and am having an issue with grinding/vibration after extended braking, like 3-5 seconds of continuous moderate to heavy braking. I'm wondering if the shims or rattle spring are the cause. My new pads came with one shim per pad, not two like the factory Tundra sets have.
techno is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote