runnyrunnerton is on a distinguished road

runnyrunnerton is on a distinguished road
Just did my satoshi grille mod!
Before
before grille
before grille
Stuff I used, Tapping the Rockies is ESSENTIAL
materials
Hacking out the corners was a pain. I recomend a saw not a dremel, the dremel tends to melt parts.
grille cuts
This is the grille all cut out.
grille cut out
I sanded the heck out of the chrome plating and used a self etching primer to try and get a good grip on the chrome. You can also see the Bondo Work, not bad for a first timer for EVERYHTING in this project. Also Chrome is for mall crawlers, Im 2 bumpers away from eliminating every shiny piece of silver there is.
grille primed
I then cut out the screen. NO pics sorry, I was a little embarrassed that part took so long. Then I put pipe hangers on the back side to zip tie the mesh too. The Original instructions said to bolt these into the grille, I used the resin and fiber method, I prefer a smoother finished look and I don't dig fasteners everywhere.
Photobucket
Here it is preassembly
preassembly
and here is the finished product.
finished product

I saw this site ( 4Runners.org - Maintain it. Mod it. ) when I first got my runner and I knew I would do this mod, just thought it was a bit overwhelming at first. Took me about a day and change. If I could do it over I would just push the mesh along the outside of the grille and epoxy and resin it together as one piece. Wouldnt need the pipe hangers. Let me know what you think, but I think its looks awesome!
97 Limited 4x4 218,000 3.4 V6 4.88's E-Locker, Arb Locker 295/70r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Custom rear bumper, 06 Sequioa Wheels, Toytec Ultimate 3.5 Lift OME 891's Bilstein 5150's 4crawler 1.5" body lift, Spider Trac 1.25 spacers,ODL bumper, PIAA 520 and 510 SMR's, Taco Whip Mod,Pioneer Head Unit, Satoshsi grille
My Build Thread
runnyrunnerton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote