Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 09:51 AM

fightman80 will become famous soon enough fightman80 will become famous soon enough

fightman80 will become famous soon enough fightman80 will become famous soon enough
Smile

I'm running the Tundra Strut Assemblies with a Toytec Top plate spacer in the front, and LC 8 Wrap coils and some 2.5" Skyjacker lift shocks.

This pic was taken immediately after installing the lift:

Now it has settle some,

The ride is not too bad. I find the front soaks up the dips in the road, it's a bit bouncy, but I think that's just a sign that my Recycled Tundra Struts getting tired. The back rides pretty nice, but doesn't take a heavy load that well.

Here's a pic of the truck loaded with camping gear, and the Tent Trailer:

That being said, I find it much smoother than my tired stock setup, and the rear is alot smoother than my previous lift (OME 890's).

Shot of the 890's with my Toytec 3" Front Spacer lift

The 890's and stock front with Spacer, rode very harsh. The front hit hard, and the rear was very choppy when driving over bumps and turning.

All in all, the Tundra Strut Assemblies / LC 8 Wraps is a good Bang for your buck! I got lucky on the Rear coils, and got them for free. The Tundra struts should have only cost me $160.00, but had to buy them from North Dakota, had them shipped to Canada......and it cost me over double that. The shipping is what killed me. You could easily do this lift for $400.00, probably less.......

Hope this helps!
1998 4Runner SR5, ISR and Deckplate Mods, Painted Intake Manifold, TRD Tundra Struts, Diff Drop, LC 8 Wraps w/ Skyjacker shocks, Panhard Drop Bracket, Rear Tire Carrier, Maxxis Bighorns, Procomp Wheels, Custom Front Valance, Sport Edition Skidplate, Upgraded Exterior lighting

fightman80 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote