Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 01:44 PM

theizzardking will become famous soon enough

theizzardking will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbrit View Post
Hi folks,

If I understand you all's experience with the SR5 and the LTD running boards, if I buy the 2005 factory SR5 board from a parts recycler, I can take of my old, screwed up LTD board - the part that's between the two lights - and put the new, recycled board, minus the unlighted SR5 end-caps, in the place of mine and it will look and work like it's supposed to.

If I do this, I'll have a lighted running board, because my old end-caps work great, and the new board that is in good shape will be between my lighted end caps. Then I give somebody the SR5 end caps, unless I can get the recycler to keep them and charge me less. That would be nice.

Did I read you right? I'm about to order this, and was searching the board to make sure I was ordering the right piece.

Gayle
maybe gayle but this question would be better asked here
4th Gen T4Rs - Toyota 4Runner Forum

this part of the forum is for 3rd generation 4runners meaning 2002 and down
since you have a 2005 most of us here haven't played around with enough later model ones to know if swapping end caps on a 4th gen running board would work, i mean a few may know here, but you have a much much better chance asking the question in the proper forum.

that said thanks for using the search function, and you can narrow down your search by picking 4th gen only in the drop down box.
good luck!