Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:33 AM

rdrunner is an unknown quantity at this point

rdrunner is an unknown quantity at this point
Next is tapping into the VSC brain so to speak. This took me a long time because it seems it's in two different locations depending on the year maybe? Anyway, the instructions say here:

If you knew which exact wire to tap into you could do it here as it runs through a bundle at this point but I wasn't absolutely sure so I dug through the other VSC install and tapped into it at the brain which on mine is located under the glove box. This just means a longer wire from the brain I guess but it's real easy to get to.

Last is the switch. I bought the switch not realizing you needed a harness as well. I had taken the switches apart and soldered them in the past but wasn't going to on this thinking this was a better way to do it. So after getting the harness I saw it doesn't have any of the pin connectors in it. More searching and I found those. Simple to put in, a pain to find if you don't already have some. I'll post a link for what I got as I couldn't find them local. Luckily I did all this before ripping everything apart. You can see I've never done this stuff before because some of you are probably rolling your eyes right now. It's all good, right?

So, right off the bat everything worked great. Psyched! What I love is I can be sitting at my driveway and just tap it if I need to jump out in traffic (busy street) without having to go through anything. Without this I'd have to just not do it unless it was winter and slick in which case I'd have to put it in 4wd, back up until it engages, pull back up to the street and go - all while trying to hurry and get the kids to school on time or whatever. Can't wait to play in the snow with it.

I'll post again after I figure out my connection problem, just hope I don't have to go and solder stuff (lazy, I know).
'05 Sport V6 4WD Titanium | Overland Warehouse 2.0 | Cyclone Prefilter | Goodyear SA 265/70/R17 | JAOS Lamp Stay + PIAA 520 Fogs | JRD Black Tail Lights | Pioneer 4100DVD | PAC-SWI | Alpine Imprint Processor | Polk MM6501's > Alpine PDX-4.100 | JL Stealthbox with Dayton Audio RS-HO 10" > Alpine PDX 1.600 | AVS VentShades | WeatherTech FloorLiners
rdrunner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote