Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Jtraskell is on a distinguished road

Jtraskell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwcpa View Post
That's interesting how much higher the second row seating is than the rear floor. How does the floor go flat on the non-3rd row models? I guess the backrests fold at a high fulcrum point, and they don't recline?

Can you just use a non-3rd row cargo liner and some black carpet to cover the other exposed metal?
This is an interesting photo. (The one above with the 3rd seats removed). I have an SR5 with no 3rd row seats but I do have the sliding tray. I was amazed at the above photo of how much room is now exposed without the trim in the cargo area floor. The SR5 Floor, with sliding tray, is even with the backs of the second row seats when folded down. The reason I think is our floor is raised pretty high off the steel as compared to what I am seeing in the above photo. Do you see those two cubby holes on either side above the wheel wells in the photo above. (The one on the right has something white in it). My SR5 does NOT have those storage holes. However, do you see the ridge about 12 inches or so below the holes? I also have that ridge. (Well, at least I think it is the same ridge). The top of the none moving floor of the cargo area is at the same height of that ridge. Then, the top of the sliding tray is another 3 or 4 inches above that. When the rear seats fold flat, the top of the sliding tray is even with the now folded seats. So it looks like I have another 3 or 4 inches of empty space from the top of my carpeted cargo floor (not counting the sliding tray) to the actual steel of the cargo deck. And yes, my rear seats recline. To fold, the rear seat bottom's fold forward fist, resting against the rear of the front seats, then the back's fold down flat.
2010 Salsa Red SR5, Black Power Leather Seats, Sliding Rear Cargo Deck, Luggage Rack Cross Bars, Black Pin Stripes, Black Body Side Moldings, Front and Rear 120v outlets, Husky Floor and Cargo Mats, Wade Window Vents, Autovent Shade Bug deflector II, Modified Trailer Electrical Connection, Rear View Camera, Michelin LTX M/S2 285/70/17, Load Range D, OEM Hood Insulator. Blacked out front emblem, front, rear and side chrome strips, Blacked out and modified rear emblem, luggage rack and black OEM door handles.
Jtraskell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote