View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 03:40 AM

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light

ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light ChildrenOfBodom is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachpins34 View Post
That trim paint makes a big difference. I'm thinking I'll use that on my flares and valence of the front bumper. When you did the window trim did you just mask it all off? or remove it somehow?
I removed them all and painted them over a sheet of cardboard. They're a pain in the ass to take off, especially the back one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljello6233 View Post
i have been wanting to paint my trim pieces soo bad and im glad you found the right paint! Dou think that stuff would work on my stock roof rack? would i have to sand it down and prime it? I dont know much about painting parts.
I would use it on my rack if I had enough, but I wouldn't expect it to hold up against anything crazy. You can sand and prime if you desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_Rider View Post
I'd change up your maglite location -that'll destroy your knee in any significant impact...

My Tundra comes with knee air bags if you can believe it.
Damn, this truck is pretty devoid of accessible mount spots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985taylor1925 View Post
Hey COB, are those Tundra rims lug centric like the 3rd gen six spoke rims? Im looking to replace mine soon as theyre just a balancing nightmare
They're hub centric, as our OEM wheels are.

Random update. I did this about a week ago.

My gas gauge died. 1999 and 2000 years have a TSB for bad fuel sender units and a revised motherboard for the back of the gauge cluster.

New sender:

Gauge Motherboard (special order from Toyota, $50 with 0 miles on the ODO or $130 for your mileage)

Old motherboard on back of cluster:

Instructions for reprogramming:

New mileage (I asked for 193,001)

Stay tuned for the biggest event of this trucks life, coming very soon...

IG: @jimharb | YouTube | '99 Limited 2WD |
'99 4Runner - 2.7L 3RZ-FE - TRD S/C - 4WD Conversion + R150F 5-Speed Swap - Imperial Jade Mica on Oak
'87 4Runner Turbo - 2.4L 22R-TE - CT-26 Supra Turbo - W56 5-Speed Swap - Red on Red
'90 4Runner 2-Door - 3.0L 3VZ-E - Auto to R150F 5-Speed Swap - Red on Gray
'94 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 2JZ-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - Imperial Jade Mica on Black
'89 Supra Turbo Targa - 3.0L 7M-GTE - Marlin Crawler R154 - White Package on Blue
'89 Pickup DLX 2WD - 2.4L 22R-E - W55 5-Speed - White on Blue

Last edited by ChildrenOfBodom; 07-06-2017 at 05:23 PM.
ChildrenOfBodom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote