Home Menu

Site Navigation

View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 10:28 PM

ndlaham is on a distinguished road

ndlaham is on a distinguished road
working on this mod

A couple things I am thinking about making this mod possible.

I think it would be fairly easy but I'm still working out the details. I am pretty sure all I would need is a photocell circuit that controls a relay and some creative wiring into an additional switch.

There is this out there already Amazon.com: Directed Electronics 545T Nite-Lite System (D): Car Electronics for very cheap to play around with. I'm pretty sure we could get this thing wired into the light system in a way that works well. For instance, I want to design it so that having the switch on, would control the Auto DRL/headlights depending on the photocell's light, and having the switch off would allow the stalk to operate how it normally does. I still need to see some wiring diagrams to figure this out.

Second thing I noticed. I have a 2012 Trail with Entune, so obviously no Auto lights like the Limited (which is why I'm here writing this), but I did realize the Entune screen changes from Day to Night mode (yellow background to blue background). There must be a photocell and relay in the wiring for this to be happening. I wonder if I could tap into that relay instead to accomplish the same thing that Nite-Lite System does.

If any electrical-savvy people out there want to work together on this mod, I'm willing to be a guinea pig to make this work, *cough* Antman *cough*.

Either way, I will do my best to try and come up with something. I think auto lights would be awesome, but still be able to control them manually with the flip of a switch.
ndlaham is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote