View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 06:03 PM

ndlaham is on a distinguished road

ndlaham is on a distinguished road
There may be an even EASIER way I am currently investigating. I have been talking with Asmara through email, he did this mod on his 4th gen 4Runner using the Toyota light sensor, but he actually had to replace his dimmer switch with the Limited's switch (which costs a lot). We may be able to use our current DRL dimmer switch like you said guamlet (according to the wiring diagrams), but using the Toyota sensor (around $100). If we our lucky, the harness may have the plug already for the sensor there, and it could be as simple as plug and play. That is best case scenario. Worst case, we may have to tap into the right pins on the main connector to the ECU, but I think there is definitely a solution.

I am probably going to pull my dash apart this weekend and check everything out. I have all the wiring diagrams (thanks nashman!) so this should be very doable.

I see two ways this mod can happen. An expensive and easy way with the stock sensor, or the cheap and harder way with 3rd party sensor and relays. Either way I plan on figuring out both or 1 at the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamlet View Post
ndlaham if you want to get together, I live St. Cloud and love to tinker with my T4R.
Guamlet, let's try to figure this out. I live close to DT Orlando, I'd be down to meet up and take apart some 4runners. Then maybe hit some trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsdad1 View Post
Turn your headlights on and leave the button alone. They turn off automatically so not harm.
I think some people just like the idea of DRL on instead of using the extra power of there headlights during the day. Also, your headlights will last longer if they shut off for the day of course. I know we can hit the switch manually, but the challenge is what I'm after ;) and because my 04' Blazer had this feature and now I'm on a mission.

Last edited by ndlaham; 02-28-2012 at 06:07 PM.
ndlaham is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote