PDA

View Full Version : Central Florida 4X4 shop....

4runner4trail
01-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I need someone to take a look at my transfer case and probably replace it. Anyone know of any good shops in the central FL area to do this job???

ovrrdrive
01-15-2008, 05:55 AM
That sucks...

There's a good transmission shop here in Ocala but you're going to pay through the nose to use them. Are you wanting to get yours rebuilt or just drop in a new or used one?

4runner4trail
01-15-2008, 05:33 PM
to tell ya the truth, I'm not really sure. I'm assuming my gears are completely shot in the thing (acts like its in neutral when 4WD HI/LO is engaged) so I'm guessing just throw a good used one in there would be cheapest thing to do....

RunnerUp
01-16-2008, 02:18 AM
um, are you sure that the transfer case isnt actually IN neutral? it could be in between hi and low, its kind of easy to knock it out of gear with your knee... if that is not the case, i would take it to your local toyota dealership and pay the 75$ diagnose fee, if you do need it replaced, it should go towards the repair...

let us know what it is

oh, also check your fuses.

GatorGreg
03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey 4trail, sorry to hear about your tcase - were you able to get it fixed alright? Trying to get a run shceduled sometime in May - hopefully you and Ovrrdrive can make it.