User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2022, 10:12 AM #16
Thai's Avatar
Thai Thai is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 18,674
Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold
Thai Thai is offline
Elite Member
Thai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 18,674
Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold Thai is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiami View Post
Despite breathtaking advances in the medical sciences during the modern era, there is still no cure for stupid.
Off-topic, but a comment that i read yesterday makes me laugh.we can see distant galaxies with James Webb telescope and communicate with Voyager 1 who is in interstellar space, yet we lose cell signal in a tunnel!
__________________
My 2019 Land Cruiser
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
2015 Acura MDX with SH-AWD

Lets Go Brandon!
Thai is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 12:01 PM #17
Bluesky 07's Avatar
Bluesky 07 Bluesky 07 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cherokee Co., GA
Posts: 2,469
Real Name: Russell (OB #9908)
Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of
Bluesky 07 Bluesky 07 is offline
Senior Member
Bluesky 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cherokee Co., GA
Posts: 2,469
Real Name: Russell (OB #9908)
Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of
I'm curious...what's the attraction about these colors that makes them worth a premium on an already overpriced truck and/or the months-long wait? I remember when the Solar Yellow Xterra was the thing and I wondered the same thing then. I mean no disrespect, just trying to understand the mindset. I will say I truly don't get the Lunar Rock thing, which has now spread to numerous other manufacturers. That color...yeah, no.
Bluesky 07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 03:58 PM #18
gomiami's Avatar
gomiami gomiami is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kansas City Metro
Age: 54
Posts: 178
Real Name: Jay
gomiami will become famous soon enough
gomiami gomiami is offline
Member
gomiami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kansas City Metro
Age: 54
Posts: 178
Real Name: Jay
gomiami will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky 07 View Post
I'm curious...what's the attraction about these colors that makes them worth a premium on an already overpriced truck and/or the months-long wait? I remember when the Solar Yellow Xterra was the thing and I wondered the same thing then. I mean no disrespect, just trying to understand the mindset. I will say I truly don't get the Lunar Rock thing, which has now spread to numerous other manufacturers. That color...yeah, no.
The PRO special colors are not really my bag either. The only one I would have considered was the voodoo blue but only in a non-PRO trim. I am not a fan of the black TRD rims.
__________________
2023 Nautical Blue Metallic TRD ORP with Moonroof/MTM - "The Meg" - on order since 8/18/22
No pic because the dang thing isn't even allocated yet.

2000 Electron Blue Pearl Honda Civic
SI - original owner, 225k and completely stock
gomiami is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 04:05 PM #19
Todd308 Todd308 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 50
Todd308 is on a distinguished road
Todd308 Todd308 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 50
Todd308 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesky 07 View Post
I'm curious...what's the attraction about these colors that makes them worth a premium on an already overpriced truck and/or the months-long wait? I remember when the Solar Yellow Xterra was the thing and I wondered the same thing then. I mean no disrespect, just trying to understand the mindset. I will say I truly don't get the Lunar Rock thing, which has now spread to numerous other manufacturers. That color...yeah, no.
Nothing now, years ago when the TRD Pro color was actually exclusive if you really liked the color, it might be worth it. However, there are no exclusive colors now, the next year you can get that color on other trims. For example you can order the lime rush color now on a 23' ORP. Unless you have to have a TRD Pro and that year's color then you are forced into buying the TRD Pro that year. I'd only do it if I loved the color now, it no longer carries any status because you can order other trims in lime rush.

Last edited by Todd308; 09-05-2022 at 04:07 PM.
Todd308 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 05:15 PM #20
gomiami's Avatar
gomiami gomiami is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kansas City Metro
Age: 54
Posts: 178
Real Name: Jay
gomiami will become famous soon enough
gomiami gomiami is offline
Member
gomiami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kansas City Metro
Age: 54
Posts: 178
Real Name: Jay
gomiami will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd308 View Post
Nothing now, years ago when the TRD Pro color was actually exclusive if you really liked the color, it might be worth it. However, there are no exclusive colors now, the next year you can get that color on other trims. For example you can order the lime rush color now on a 23' ORP. Unless you have to have a TRD Pro and that year's color then you are forced into buying the TRD Pro that year. I'd only do it if I loved the color now, it no longer carries any status because you can order other trims in lime rush.
A good point. Toyota also allows for an ORP to add the exhaust, roof rack and TRD wheels. I wonder how many 4Runners I see from a distance that look like a pro are actually faux PRO...like a dealership slapping on the heritage decals to make a base-model SR5 look like the 40th Anniversary Edition...
__________________
2023 Nautical Blue Metallic TRD ORP with Moonroof/MTM - "The Meg" - on order since 8/18/22
No pic because the dang thing isn't even allocated yet.

2000 Electron Blue Pearl Honda Civic
SI - original owner, 225k and completely stock
gomiami is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:40 PM #21
Redsoxx1918 Redsoxx1918 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 670
Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough
Redsoxx1918 Redsoxx1918 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 670
Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough Redsoxx1918 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiami View Post
A good point. Toyota also allows for an ORP to add the exhaust, roof rack and TRD wheels. I wonder how many 4Runners I see from a distance that look like a pro are actually faux PRO...like a dealership slapping on the heritage decals to make a base-model SR5 look like the 40th Anniversary Edition...

True for some colors. I have a Voodoo blue PRO and Voodoo wasn't offered on other trims the following year. It was offered on a special, Hawaii only Waialua edition but you won't see one of those stateside. You'll also NEVER see a solar octane 5th gen 4Runner after this year as the 6th gen is coming. Inferno, quicksand and Cavalry blue were never offered on other trims either. It is nice to have a unique color in a sea of black, white, silver and grey vehicles. Jeep offers a bunch of unique, cool colors for the Wrangler. Ford is offering unique colors for the Bronco. Dodge offers a lot of exciting colors for the Challenger and Charger.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redsoxx1918 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 10:02 PM #22
gomiami's Avatar
gomiami gomiami is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kansas City Metro
Age: 54
Posts: 178
Real Name: Jay
gomiami will become famous soon enough
gomiami gomiami is offline
Member
gomiami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kansas City Metro
Age: 54
Posts: 178
Real Name: Jay
gomiami will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoxx1918 View Post
True for some colors. I have a Voodoo blue PRO and Voodoo wasn't offered on other trims the following year. It was offered on a special, Hawaii only Waialua edition but you won't see one of those stateside. You'll also NEVER see a solar octane 5th gen 4Runner after this year as the 6th gen is coming. Inferno, quicksand and Cavalry blue were never offered on other trims either. It is nice to have a unique color in a sea of black, white, silver and grey vehicles. Jeep offers a bunch of unique, cool colors for the Wrangler. Ford is offering unique colors for the Bronco. Dodge offers a lot of exciting colors for the Challenger and Charger.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I accept an answer that is based on a desire to get away from the monochrome. In that regard, the PRO color scheme is welcome. It's the price I cant swallow.
__________________
2023 Nautical Blue Metallic TRD ORP with Moonroof/MTM - "The Meg" - on order since 8/18/22
No pic because the dang thing isn't even allocated yet.

2000 Electron Blue Pearl Honda Civic
SI - original owner, 225k and completely stock
gomiami is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 05:23 AM #23
TK-422's Avatar
TK-422 TK-422 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: So Cal - SCV
Posts: 925
Real Name: Chris
TK-422 will become famous soon enough TK-422 will become famous soon enough
TK-422 TK-422 is offline
Member
TK-422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: So Cal - SCV
Posts: 925
Real Name: Chris
TK-422 will become famous soon enough TK-422 will become famous soon enough
The color talk is kinda funny to me. I have previously had mostly silver vehicles simply because after owning a black one I wanted them to look as clean for as long as possible. Silver was never a premium choice.

When I bought my 4Runner I ended up with white because that was available in the trim I wanted. I can't fathom paying way more just for a specific color. That's just me though.

Before that I did not like the color white but for some reason the shape of the 4Runner worked well with it.
__________________
<a href=http://www.tophersworld.com/imagesb/tk422_signature.jpg target=_blank>http://www.tophersworld.com/imagesb/tk422_signature.jpg</a>

"I hope yours took a bath once in a while, kid. This guy's armor smells like he lived in it."
―Han Solo to Luke Skywalker, while donning TK-422's armor.
TK-422 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 08:31 AM #24
gomiami's Avatar
gomiami gomiami is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kansas City Metro
Age: 54
Posts: 178
Real Name: Jay
gomiami will become famous soon enough
gomiami gomiami is offline
Member
gomiami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Kansas City Metro
Age: 54
Posts: 178
Real Name: Jay
gomiami will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-422 View Post
The color talk is kinda funny to me. I have previously had mostly silver vehicles simply because after owning a black one I wanted them to look as clean for as long as possible. Silver was never a premium choice.

When I bought my 4Runner I ended up with white because that was available in the trim I wanted. I can't fathom paying way more just for a specific color. That's just me though.

Before that I did not like the color white but for some reason the shape of the 4Runner worked well with it.
I do think Super White looks sharp on a 4Runner. I was spooked by the single stage paint. If it had been a clear coat/top coat, I would have considered it.
__________________
2023 Nautical Blue Metallic TRD ORP with Moonroof/MTM - "The Meg" - on order since 8/18/22
No pic because the dang thing isn't even allocated yet.

2000 Electron Blue Pearl Honda Civic
SI - original owner, 225k and completely stock
gomiami is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 10:13 PM #25
Bluesky 07's Avatar
Bluesky 07 Bluesky 07 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cherokee Co., GA
Posts: 2,469
Real Name: Russell (OB #9908)
Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of
Bluesky 07 Bluesky 07 is offline
Senior Member
Bluesky 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cherokee Co., GA
Posts: 2,469
Real Name: Russell (OB #9908)
Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of Bluesky 07 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiami View Post
I do think Super White looks sharp on a 4Runner. I was spooked by the single stage paint. If it had been a clear coat/top coat, I would have considered it.
My white Xterra was single stage paint and I would never do that again.
Bluesky 07 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Tags
allocated , dealer , iphone , pro , white

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota kicks off 6th gen 4runner with 40th anniversary model 2023! 1jzgte 5th gen T4Rs 21 11-11-2022 04:35 PM
2023 Toyota Sequoia mscot General Discussions 78 07-14-2022 07:49 PM
Anyone on fence between 5th gen 22 or wait for potential madness by Toyota for 2023 ErnieArt 5th gen T4Rs 43 08-13-2021 02:35 PM
4th gen Customization and LED retrofit Site Live Now! Johns06yota 4th Gen T4Rs 23 04-01-2019 02:19 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020