Recent content by campben

  1. C

    Replacing Valve Cover Gaskets - A True Write Up - **PICTURES**

    THAT'S CHEATING!! Not looking forward to dealing with the 18 year old wiring harness on mine...
  2. C

    Help - 4runner won't turn off even with key removed

    haha yeah, could be a saltwater short...
  3. C

    I replaced the Timing Belts just in time.

    Great timing, and i thought mine was bad....
  4. C

    Replacing Valve Cover Gaskets - A True Write Up - **PICTURES**

    Roger, I just bought a used driver side VCG since I found a small crack in mine. Gotta buy the spark plug gaskets, then should be ready to go.
  5. C

    3.4 Valve Cover Gasket Replacement (part#s n pics)

    Appreciate the help Rusty, I'm gonna give it a go this weekend. Have some FIPG on the way.
  6. C

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

    I also rolled 200K... time to get to work!
  7. C

    4Lo not working or am I doing it wrong?

    Good point 3bears. Use it or lose it!
  8. C

    3.4 Valve Cover Gasket Replacement (part#s n pics)

    Hey Rusty, I know the halfmoons can be reused, but how about the Camshaft Plugs?? :confused:
  9. C

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

    Bought a new drivers side valve cover from craigslist, $50, not too bad I suppose. Now the real fun begins...
  10. C

    3.4 Valve Cover Gasket Replacement (part#s n pics)

    Quick question, I had this job done about a week ago, and my oil leak has gotten worse. The shadetree guy who did the job is no longer answering his phone, and I suspect he did not remove and reseal the half moons. I am going to tackle this soon, but want to know what parts I need to reorder...
  11. C

    Replacing Valve Cover Gaskets - A True Write Up - **PICTURES**

    Amazing writeup! Quick question, I had this job done about a week ago, and my oil leak has gotten worse. The shadetree guy who did the job is no longer answering his phone, and I suspect he did not remove and reseal the half moons. I am going to tackle this soon, but want to know what parts...
  12. C

    3.4 Valve Cover Gasket Replacement (part#s n pics)

    I would look around on youtube, some great video tutorials on there!
  13. C

    Valve Cover Gasket Issue?

    Redoing someone elsess work I paid a shadetree mechanic to do the VCG job last week, and now the leak is even worse. He has gone AWOL on me, so now I am looking to tackle it myself when I get the time. Quick question, can I reuse the "new" gaskets and cam plugs since they haven't been on more...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,385
Messages
3,554,592
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya
Back
Top