Recent content by cccolin

  1. C

    Mountain biking/BLM camping setup?

    cool. what is your setup exactly?
  2. C

    Mountain biking/BLM camping setup?

    I used to offroad a lot but lately I'd rather ride my bike. I am semi considering selling it and getting a van or a truck with a camper.
  3. C

    Suggestions for Icy roads?

    I live in the Tetons. We have severe winter for about 6 months ever year. They also don’t plow much, so our roads are ice for about 5 months out of the year. Here you have to start slowing down for intersections as soon as you see them. Get Nokian Hakkepellita (or however you spell it) studded...
  4. C

    Mountain biking/BLM camping setup?

    Wondering what other folks are doing for MTB-trip-focused builds. I’m in a 19 TRD ORP 4runner I bought new 2 years ago. The first 6 months it was a Denver corporate office commuter and weekend ski vehicle with occasional Moab trips. Then the pandemic and a layoff happened and it spent a year as...
  5. C

    SCS ray10 with -38 offset

    I would count on it.
  6. C

    Stretched tire look

    absolutely hate that $hit. especially when combined with the wannabe-trophy truck stance.
  7. C

    Staying warm while sleeping in T4R

    I’ve slept in mine down to -5. You want a pad or mattress that isn’t an air pad, or is very insulated. I sleep with a 20 degree sleeping pad, and blankets, and wear thermals if it’s cold. I also have a 90 pound dog. I sleep cozy. Be careful with adding a heater. If it’s not a webasto, it can add...
  8. C

    Black out tail lights/led turn bulb

    nice thanks. so do they crack them open and paint the insides?
  9. C

    Post your LIFTED pix here!

    how much lift?
  10. C

    Black out tail lights/led turn bulb

    this is relevant to my interests. I've blacked out everything now except the valances and the taillights. I'd prefer a plug and play option, has anyone found a good complete blacked out option to purchase? I found some on here a while ago, but they had bad reviews everywhere I looked.
  11. C

    SR5 AWD Prem. vs. TRD Offroad Prem.?

    as others have mentioned, there's a lot more than cosmetic differences. The crawl control and locker are only worth it if you are doing a lot of gnarly offroading. You won't use it otherwise. I offroad in UT, AZ, NM, and CO pretty often and I've only used it 4 or 5 times in a year, mostly in...
  12. C

    WTB: SCS F5 matte black -38 for a spare.

    title says it. blem is fine. just need the right size wheel for my spare.
  13. C

    Thoughts on going from a 5th gen to Tundra?

    if you do any real trails, I'd suggest against it. and ya know, parallel parking. I also personally find them to be super ugly, but that's just me, I guess. it looks to me like someone took a smaller truck and pumped it full of air. bloated.
  14. C

    Eibach Pro-truck lift

    what size tires can you fit with the standard Eibach kit? FWIW I have -38 SCS wheels and BMC chop with the fender liners moved and front fenders are gone.
  15. C

    My TRD off road Premium rides like a boat :(

    Yep. That’s the one thing I really hate about it. Especially on dirt/gravel roads. Barely tap the brakes and all of a sudden I’m sliding and ABS is kicking in. WTF? It acts like I slammed on the brakes when all I did was lightly and consistently press it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,558
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top