Recent content by daftwager

  1. D

    Anyone bought the carbon fiber hood from Burtman's?

    Current owner checking in I am an owner of this hood. Looks fantastic in real life and I think it blends ok with my green 4runner. Check out some pics here No Reserve: 1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 for sale on BaT Auctions - ending October 23 (Lot #124,954) | Bring a Trailer
  2. D

    The 5VZ-FE rev limiter

    Found this thread after googling the exact same 'issue'. Today on the freeway I completely floored it with purpose and with more force than usual. The tranny downshifted and the revs bounced aggressively passed the redline to around 5.5k. I saw this happen and let off the pedal. I have owned...
  3. D

    Passenger side noise, sounds like blower is on

    Love this forum. Came hear searching for this exact issue and turned out my wife left the rear heater on :doh:
  4. D

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

    Thank you for taking the time to answer my post and to others further up. I have decided to go with the 231 and will be therefore using spacers. I have researched and understood the risks with this option so feel like I am making an informed decision. I will make a post with the outcome and...
  5. D

    Obd won't connect to ECU.

    New OBD reader worked. Link for those interested BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 OBDII Car Diagnostic Code Reader Scanner Tool | eBay
  6. D

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

    TBU Dilemna Spent the day figuring out 13WE v 13WL. I have the split 6 spoke wheels so I cannot do 13WL without spacers or new wheels and therefore new tyres. So now im sat here with a dilemna. Options are - 231mm with spacers - 199mm without Thoughts greately appreciated.
  7. D

    Obd won't connect to ECU.

    Just jumping on this for the future as someone experiencing the same issue. My understanding is that the 96-97 models use the VPW protocol mentioned by OP, but future models updates the protocol. Interesting that there are issues on several.devices reading that protocol. Have a different reader...
  8. D

    4WD binds on sharp turns?

    Ok good to know that driving in 4wd shouldn't grenade the car if done on dry road. Given my experience with the front diff I think I was a little nervous and looking online for similar things that have gone wrong. Yes the vehicle was used so the front diff was probably already shot as said...
  9. D

    4WD binds on sharp turns?

    I wish i had gotten to this thread sooner. Bought a 96 SR5 4WD and had the tail slide out on me in the wet. So i popped it into 4HI and drove about 60miles on the freeway... Just as I was pulling into my drive way i got the distinct smell of burning gear oil wafting through the cab and white...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives
Back
Top