Recent content by Doug2000

  1. D

    Factory Running Boards

    I've seen three adds locally, keep your eye on Kijiji or Craigslist or whatever. I really like the ones that came on my 17 TRD OR
  2. D

    Brake Calipers

    From what I can tell, the brakes are the main concern with these trucks. I owned a Tacoma for 9 years and had one caliper seize after 3 years. The dealership paid for 80%. All I can say is service them regularly, and find a local shop to do the work with quality parts.
  3. D

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    Good luck with that. I worked for Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive suppliers and there is a vast difference in auto parts. Some manufacturers don't even have their parts 100% inspected like Chrysler. The Toyota lines had 200% and 300% inspection. The 4Runner is built at the highest quality, most...
  4. D

    K&N filter - is it worth it?

    I noticed more low end torque when towing with my Tacoma 4.0. The truck was less likely to hunt for gears. Would I suggest one, no, pain in the ass cleaning. Stick to paper.
  5. D

    Sleeping in the cargo area...

    Post up pics please I have a new 4Runner on order and am considering a cross country trek, more than likely sleeping in the back, any pics would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,381
Messages
3,554,567
Members
248,075
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top