Recent content by DrivenKeys

  1. D

    Replace cushion of seat?

    Yes, this was actually the first video I watched on the subject. I love The Car Care Nut! I spent hours watching his videos prior to buying my T4R, and I still watch him now. He's a Toyota/Lexus genius, but also reviews other cars and discusses the industry in general.
  2. D

    Replace cushion of seat?

    Hi! Sorry to disappear, I wasn't sure anyone was actually paying attention. YES, it does fit! And it seems just as comfortable as stock. I actually think the US Seat Cover brand GX foam could be more comfortable than stock, but I don't really know. The Texan Seat Cover brand leather cover is...
  3. D

    Replace cushion of seat?

    Well, I think I'll be the one to experiment here. After deeply studying some excellent Youtube videos, I strongly suspect the 4Runner and GX470 lower seat frame is identical. The GX seat is taller, but that appears to be the lower rails, which look to have taller feet. I could be wrong, but...
  4. D

    Replace cushion of seat?

    I've been looking at this option. You can get an ebay Tundra foam with a tan fake leather cover for about 80 bux. I've never sat in a Tundra, but it almost seems worth trying it, considering the only t4r option is the factory foam now going for about $250. Perhaps a better compromise: the GX470...
  5. D

    Write-up: How to Disable (Bypass) the TPMS

    Don't get me wrong, I like the ability to have it, it's excellent as an early warning safety feature. If I were only driving on pavement, I might go through the cost and effort to replace my failing sensors. I'd still be manually checking at every fillup, so not the highest priority for me. I...
  6. D

    Write-up: How to Disable (Bypass) the TPMS

    I'm so happy to see this is possible. Just bought my '06 V8, and the light started flashing 3 hours into my drive home. Of course, it's not actually the tire pressure, as I always check it manually. As soon as I fix the glove box lock, I'm pulling that connector and jumping the two wires, and...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,561
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top