Recent content by edelm

  1. E

    Manual Locked 4Runner Value?

    It's the other guy's insurance, and he admitted fault. I didn't realize that they couldn't brand my title--thats good news for sure! I appreciate the offer but... after talking to insurance today and also a lawyer, they will only base their price off of vehicles within 150 miles. I'm going to...
  2. E

    Manual Locked 4Runner Value?

    Yeah, I'm planning on keeping it. New bumpers, rear hatch, and some body work on the rear quarter panel--it'll be back on the road before too long. I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to put some aftermarket bumpers on too!
  3. E

    Manual Locked 4Runner Value?

    Here's one in Colorado for $10,000. It's a bit cleaner than mine and it has lower miles @ 127,000. 2000 Toyota 4Runner
  4. E

    Manual Locked 4Runner Value?

    Nice price! I bought mine for $2300 in July, but it had a blown head gasket. The seller didn't even advertise the locker. I'm at least 4k in with all of the parts and labor. Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm going to check with the dealer.
  5. E

    Manual Locked 4Runner Value?

    Hi Guys, I have a 1998 Manual 4runner with e-locker. I was unfortunately rear-ended last week. The damage is definitely repairable, and I am going to fix it, but insurance has declared the car totaled. I am therefore in a battle to try and convince them that my car is worth more than they...
  6. E

    Head Gasket--Re-torque on 5VZ-FE??

    I've answered my own question. Here's a good description of the theory behind the head bolts. Bolt Engineering - Torque to yield and Torque/Angle Tighten (TTY & TAT) - Mickey's RV8 Site The head bolts are torque-to-yield. They stretch out some when you torque them down. Because of that, they...
  7. E

    Head Gasket--Re-torque on 5VZ-FE??

    So I just purchased a '98 4runner with a bad head gasket. This is my first one, and I'm super excited. I have the heads off now, and I have MLS gaskets to put in. I've done head gaskets on SOHC engines. Re-torquing is easy, you just pull the valve cover. On this DOHC engine, I'd have to take the...
  8. E

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

    Disconnected the driver's side exhaust manifold from the head. On the way to a head gasket replacement!
  9. E

    crossover pipe removal

    The passenger side connection to the header isn't too hard. The driver's side is a little tighter. The bottom stud can be accessed from the bottom of the vehicle. I haven't removed the studs from the crossover back. I'm actually stuck right now myself on the bottom stud. I've tried getting it...
  10. E

    3rd gen 3.4 camshaft pulley removal help?

    I left the timing belt on. I held the crank shaft still with a breaker bar and was able to break the cam bolts free without the belt slipping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,379
Messages
3,554,563
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top