Recent content by Evergreen

  1. E

    Question regarding stock suspension and towing

    I would really suggest that your money would be better spent on a good, properly adjusted wd hitch. That way, you’ll preserve the feel of the stock suspension when not towing, which I expect is your normal situation. Here’s a pic of my setup. Trailer weighs about 4K pounds all loaded. Very...
  2. E

    Towing experiences with your 5th Generation

    I looked into this in depth when setting up my Gen5 to use the Equal-I-zer hitch. It’s fine, according to a conversation I had with Toyota about two years ago. There was concern about some of the earlier 4Runner versions having a weaker hitch system than now used. When you think about it...
  3. E

    Towing experiences with your 5th Generation

    I'm wondering if this "no WDH" on the stock hitch receiver is web based hearsay, or if there's something put out by Toyota that says that. I have a difficult time seeing much difference between an aftermarket hitch bolted to the frame, vs the stock hitch, also bolted to the frame. The amount of...

Forum statistics

Threads
278,385
Messages
3,554,596
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya
Back
Top