Recent content by intenseTRD

  1. I

    Trying Something Different: Yokohama X-ATs Installed

    295/70/17 34in. Only about 1000 miles on these and i like the so far. No actual wheeling yet because most of socal is on fire at the moment. i balanced the wheels myself and zero steering wheel shake. one of the wheels even zeroed out lol (no wheel weights needed)
  2. I

    How to disable tpms in a 5th gen 4runner

    i used one of these when i disabled mine. easily removable if you change your mind later.
  3. I

    Safe to drive on 5 of 6 lugs? (Aftermarket Wheels: Black Rhino Ridge)

    im confused as to what you mean by "lug". is the wheel STUD cross threaded? or the wheel NUT? either way you should not be driving on a missing wheel nut for whatever reason it wont go back on. repairing the wheel stud is pretty simple unless the tech broke it off. a replacement should have...
  4. I

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    Busy day off last saturday at work. finally found time to install my lift and mount my wheels :dancin:
  5. I

    Alterations and your Warranty

    still under warranty. still paying it off. no mods though. not because of warranty but i'm broke right now lol. as a dealership technician (not toyota) we would have to prove that your modification caused the component to fail. With that said, theres a bit of a grey area. if the guest is say a...
  6. I

    Best Bike Hitch Rack?

    Had my Yakima HoldUp 2 for quite some time now. No problems at all! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. I

    SR5 Door Handle removal

    Never actually removed the handle on my 4Runner, but i have on other cars. Im assuming it’s the same concept. Open the door of the handle you want to remove. There should be a black plug on the edge of the door adjacent to the handle. Remove plug and shine a light to see what screw is in there...
  8. I

    Airbag recall question

    As a mercedes benz tech, the most we have to do for passenger airbags is remove the glove box. Some C classes we just loosen the passenger side of the dash to give it a bit of wiggle for it to fall out. Hopefully its a simple process with the 4runner. How long are they quoting you for a wait...
  9. I

    Rear bumper + built-in bike rack???

    Can’t say ive seen a built in mtb rack in a rear bumper before. And ive seen alot of 4runner pictures lol. Whats wrong with just a hitch rack? I get to post my one and only 4runner mod haha Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. I

    Passenger CV axle slightly loose only, clunk noise during accleration

    If you feel it in the steering wheel, it’s likely not a cv axle unless youre driving around in 4hi all the time. There wont be any load on the driveline. Give your upper and lowers a glance, sway bar links too while your under there. Good luck! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. I

    Radiant heat in footwell

    Thats engine coolant running through those lines to the heater box. So definitely use caution when touching it aka not after a drive. I haven’t noticed any heat in the footwell area. If i did though, i wouldnt see any harm in thermal heat wrapping that section to keep the temps down. Sent...
  12. I

    Your Best ONE Picture!

    The day after i bought it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. I

    Whining Noise From Engine

    Sounds like the trans pump to me. Grab some spare vacuum hose and hold one end up to a trans cooler line and the other to your ear. Have someone rev the engine and see if it magnifies. I replaced a trans for a similar noise after chasing pulleys just earlier this week. Sent from my iPhone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,570
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives
Back
Top