Recent content by Jevans1770

  1. J

    Real World MPG with 5th Gen?

    About 16mpg since I put on the BFG KO2's. It wasn't much better than that before. I"m at sea level.
  2. J

    Anyone else's T4R hate the heat?

    What's your aux fan setup? My AC takes forever to cool things down when its above 90F.
  3. J

    Things Toyota needs to "fix" on the 6th Gen 4Runner

    The 4runner is still made in Japan so its tough to have specific custom options like that.
  4. J

    Things Toyota needs to "fix" on the 6th Gen 4Runner

    I live in Northern Kalifornia and its hard enough to find the 4runner you want given demand so I can understand if Toyota isn't interested in doing a ton to further boost sales. It's a niche vehicle too boot - about 120k units sold in the US in 2017 vs. nearly 400k for the Camry. And that 120k...
  5. J

    entune rebooting

    Mine freezes about once a month and I have to do a hard reset by holding the knob down. I have Bluetooth on most of the time. The Entune in my wife's 2015 Highlander crashes about twice a month now. Its just buggy and I read on another thread that Toyota dealers want 150 bucks for a software...
  6. J

    Front Bumper Replacement Recommendations

    I'm kinda speaking out of my rear end here but when aluminum car bodies first came out it was a big deal when they took damage. And to my knowledge aluminum is a lot easier to inflict damage on than steel. Back then, at least, you couldn't just hammer out a dent and no body shops would work on...
  7. J

    Yet another wheel thread... 17inch wheels on Trail KDSS query

    What stock wheels did it come with? My 2015 Trail w/KDSS came with some very decent forged fake beadlock wheels. I just put on KO2's and called it a day. I looked into spacers but I figure the vehicle was designed to run optimally with the setup it came with so decided to keep the stance as is...
  8. J

    2WD versus 4WD... Help Me:

    It's fair enough that they just shut it down sometimes. Its usually approaching zero visibility when they do so. What got me into 4WD was when I use to drive up to Oregon every year when my mom lived in Portland. Generally speaking they make you get out and put on your chains down below where...
  9. J

    2WD versus 4WD... Help Me:

    Strongly agree with gentleman. My last two Tacoma's were 4wd and when it became trade in time...I got a premium over 2WD that was pretty much what I paid for the 4WD option. Its the only thing on a vehicle that seems to not depreciate in value meaningfully. From your OP you clearly don't need...
  10. J

    Entune rant... It could be better...

    The Entune isn't exactly intuitive to use. I've had my 4runner for 3 years and finally made the effort to try Entune NAV for the first time on a road trip to Disney (after trying and getting frustrated when I first bought it) . It takes, for me at least, orders of magnitude longer to pull up a...
  11. J

    Factory Tundra LED Fog Lights in 5th Gen 4Runner

    I just replaced the stock bulbs with a a pair of Phillips X-tremeVision LED bulbs. Huge difference over the stock halogen bulbs and no modding needed. They are good enough that I wouldn't change anything unless I was going to switch to Rigid or Baja Design LED assemblies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,570
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives
Back
Top