Recent content by MtnMike

  1. M

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    Completed a washer fluid tank relocation/replacement: I installed the Snowbound Customs washer tank (and removed the OEM plastic tank).* Tremendously expensive, but, IMHO, it is a really elegant solution--to my eye this thing is a work of art. (I had the powder coating done locally; the tank...
  2. M

    Torque Pro on Android Auto - Functional Update

    Well, there's no sensor* in the 4Runner for elevation, so no data stream for a PID to work with, and thus no PID. :( (*Don't get me started on why Toyota can't report altitude with a full-functioning GPS on board!) BUT, what you can do is just add a regular 'ol Torque display item (I used...
  3. M

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    Finally completed my take on the "flatten-the-cargo-area-and-add-storage-space" mod. I don't need a full overlanding set up, and while drawers are way better in terms of convenience, this configuration suits my needs. (Yes, that is a little 12V pigtail you see. It's tapped into the rear power...
  4. M

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    Thanks, Hoppy! Short answer: Both, by using the NO and NC poles of a relay. Long answer: All four reverse lights (the two DD SS 12" light bars in the roof rack and the flush-mount SSC2 lights in the bumper) are fed from a relay. The lights are on the common pole of the relay. The...
  5. M

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    Installed Diode Dynamics Stage Series Flush Mount Reverse Lights in pods I designed and 3-D printed. Due to the shape of the 4R rear bumper, flush-mounting these lights puts them at an angle that didn't result in the intensity directly behind the vehicle I was looking for. (Yeah, they're...
  6. M

    Torque Pro on Android Auto - Functional Update

    Awesome find! My Google news feed had a blurb about a recent change in AndroidAuto that would allow this sort of thing to happen, but all the article showed was a rudimentary text display. I wrote it off...till I saw this post. To get transmission temp, just add the custom PID to your Torque...
  7. M

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    Designed and printed a positive battery fuse cover to work with my SDHQ battery terminals. My electrical OCD says, "don't leave energized terminals exposed!" So this has bugged me since upgrading. I don't recall if the OEM cover no longer fit/functioned, I broke it, or I lost it...but...
  8. M

    What did you do to/in your 5th Gen today?!

    Installed my "not-pointing-at-the-ditch" lights. Got 'em pointing straight down the trail with spot lenses. All the other lights on the truck give me plenty of flood; I needed something with some reach. Yes, these are DD SS3 pods, and the keen-eyed observer will notice they are indeed mounted...
  9. M

    Eibach Pro-truck lift

    I don't have a definitive, I've-already-tried-it, answer for you, but here's what I've learned. Some recommendations and thoughts are below, but ultimately, I think the best thing to do is get your kit installed, let it bake for a month or so, take some measurements (check the build-a-kit...
  10. M

    Best Source For 2020 TRD Pro (Heritage) Grille

    I'm in the same boat and doing the same research ('22 ORP with TSS and MTM). I think you're actually on the right track with the PZ323-35056 (2014-2019) garnish. I've come to the conclusion that since our MTM-equipped ORPs do not have the high-mounted TSS sensor (2020-21 and '22 w/o MTM) I...
  11. M

    22 orp drl/highbeam mod

    I think this is a great way to get a little additional light off road with very little cost. OP, you've got the right idea: Just hijack the DRLs and feed 'em with 12V through a relay triggered by the high beam feed. As you mentioned, however, this defeats the DRLs, and I kinda like my DRLs...
  12. M

    Salvage Trail potential purchase?

    Whenever I'm tempted by a salvage title vehicle (also called a "branded title" in some areas), I run the VIN through a regular 'ol Google search, and look for hits on the Copart website. (Or search, "copart [VIN]") Copart is one of the larger vehicle clearing (auction) houses for insurance...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,578
Members
248,077
Latest member
D'Angelo
Back
Top