Recent content by ritmatt

  1. R

    Replace 2016 T4R TRD Pro Shocks w/ OEM?

    Helpful - thank you!
  2. R

    Replace 2016 T4R TRD Pro Shocks w/ OEM?

    I'm not sure what a true strut assembly is, I'm afraid. But it does seem that a separate shock sits within a coil spring. At this point, I am leaning towards sticking with OEM. I thought this might be a good opportunity to do something fun, but I don't think I've got the appetite for it. I may...
  3. R

    Replace 2016 T4R TRD Pro Shocks w/ OEM?

    This is helpful and interesting, but looking at the photos they provided, I do think a replacement is warranted.
  4. R

    Replace 2016 T4R TRD Pro Shocks w/ OEM?

    I searched, but didn't quickly find answers. I took my 2016 TRD Pro in for an oil change to an independent shop; they say my right front strut is leaking and they recommend replacing the front shock absorbers with OEM and reusing the springs. Price quoted is $1260 + $126 for alignment. What...
  5. R

    DIY: Gobi Stealth Roof Rack/Ladder Install

    Cool. Looking good! My Gobi rack is supposed to arrive tomorrow (ordered 6/22 from TD). Hope to get it installed this weekend. Can't wait to see how it looks in person.
  6. R

    What did you do with your 4runner today?

    Not today, but yesterday I took my first road trip in my 2016 TDP. At about 200 miles round trip (half of that with a loaded trailer, then back home again with the empty trailer), it was a little slower than usual, but I just took my time and enjoyed the ride to the mountains with my wife. I...
  7. R

    2016 TRD Pro Trouble Using 4WD

    So what you're saying is... So ... reading between the lines here ... it seems like most of you think I might be shifting too slowly... ;) Turns out you are right! Moving quickly from H4 to L4 and back again works fine - no grinding or scary noises. I was just afraid to try that for fear of...
  8. R

    2016 TRD Pro Trouble Using 4WD

    With 4WD engaged on my '16 TRD Pro, I'm having some trouble switching between H4 and L4. I've read the manual several times and I don't know whether I've got a problem or, perhaps, things are working as designed. Shifting from H4 to L4 (Type A) Stop the vehicle completely and continue to...
  9. R

    Homelink, hours wasted, can't get it to work? 2014 4runner, 2007 door opener

    So, this finally worked. I ordered an OEM multi-button remote for my garage door opener from Amazon. Cost me about $25 and took about 2 minutes to "program" a unique button for each door. Then I reset the Homelink buttons in my 4Runner (held buttons 1 and 3 at the same time) and went through the...
  10. R

    My time with the 5th gen didnt last too long. :(

    Oh wow! So glad you are ok! Looks like the 4Runner did a great job of protecting you.
  11. R

    Let's talk awnings

    Nice video, Sleeter! You really killed it with that response to my question. Kind of made me want to get a drone! Looks like the 2500cm awning fits on there very nicely. That's the size I think I'll get, too. Thanks!
  12. R

    Let's talk awnings

    I'd like to see a photo of your setup (especially closed). Does the 2500 stick way out over the front fender? Thanks!
  13. R

    Northeast TN offroading video

    That was fun. Thanks for sharing!
  14. R

    Poor Man's Overland

    I have thought about looking for a tent that would fit on the Gobi rack. Looks like you figured out a solution. You certainly had some pretty views!
  15. R

    Farm Find: 1987 4Runner Turbo

    I'm no mechanic (far from it!), but this looks like a fun project. Can't wait to see how it progresses. Good luck to you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,384
Messages
3,554,586
Members
248,078
Latest member
Talyn
Back
Top