Recent content by Sizeofthesewalls

  1. S

    Valve adjustment cost

    I'd say I have decent mechanical sensibililties but sparse experience. Just had a shop quote me a little less than half the dealer quote. Any more opninions?
  2. S

    Valve adjustment cost

    A user in a separate thread suggested shims, the dealer concurred. What do you think? 160k on the engine. http://youtu.be/SuAebzoVGk8
  3. S

    Valve adjustment cost

    I've deduced that my truck needs a valve adjustment, and a dealer quoted me 1200 for this. Am I right in feeling that that's extremely high? Anyone have recommendations for a shop in Baltimore area, MD? EDIT: truck is a 95 runner, 3vze
  4. S

    3vze mild engine noise

    No ideas? I had a neighborhood shop take a look at it. Mechanic said it was a lifter and added some oil treatment, but from what I understand my truck doesn't have hydraulic lifters, right? What else could be going on with valves to cause this? I'm pretty certain the noise is too deep in pitch...
  5. S

    3vze mild engine noise

    Hey guys. I've got what sounds like a mild knock. I noticed it after an oil change but it's possible I didn't hear it before. The dipstick looked a little low, so I added some more 10w30 and I think it got a little better.. You can mostly hear it when the throttle dies down...
  6. S

    WTB: early 2nd gen grille/headlight assembly

    Hey! Looking to buy the 90-92 style grille and headlights. Want to convert the front end of my 95 Also, if anyone knows if these are retailed anywhere, let me knoooow.
  7. S

    Looking to buy a "95

    Are there any signs to look out for in regards to this? I'm a new 2nd gen owner.
  8. S

    New user, 1995!

    Hey all, I just got my first 4R, a 1995 sr5 v6, 160k, manual trans. Hoping to gain knowledge here and avoid head gasket problems. Anyone else from Baltimore? Any good local resources / shops? EDIT: Sorry for the weird picture, my phone isn't the best forum tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,383
Messages
3,554,573
Members
248,076
Latest member
DionicioLives
Back
Top