Recent content by thenewuser

  1. T

    When is enough, enough?

    Yea I would definitely rather not take legal action, but if he can't fix it then I won't have much of a choice. I would consider this a lesson learned but at the same time I need my car to work. I don't want to blow $2500 on something that is going to break on me within a few thousand miles and...
  2. T

    When is enough, enough?

    I recently had my transmission rebuilt at a mom/pop shop because it was about $500 cheaper than other places, and told me the turn around time would be about 2 days. Well, after 2 weeks I finally get my truck back. At first I notice when its cold it wont go into gear. I rev it and it will barely...
  3. T

    2001 Transmission Issues

    So this is just something that happens from time and miles, not abuse? What are the benefits to rebuilding the trans over replacing it with a used one?
  4. T

    2001 Transmission Issues

    Oh man I'm glad I found this thread, I have been having the same issue and wondering what it was. I'm not very mechanically inclined here so bare with me, but if I kept the OD off would it prevent further damage? I am going to be looking for a used trans to buy instead of rebuilding it but if I...
  5. T

    New from CA

    First 4runner, 2001 4x4 and its been fun. I am up in northern California, if anyone knows some good trails to hit let me know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
278,380
Messages
3,554,547
Members
248,082
Latest member
tuṣṭāva
Back
Top