Recent content by trianburner

  1. T

    What Did You Do To Your 3rd Gen Today?

    I replaced my front and rear speakers with 6.5" JBL speakers and they fit just fine in the back with some modified adapter plates I bought off of ebay. I plan on 3D printing some new mounts for both front and rear to replace the janky-ish setup I have with them now. But the 6.5" definitely fit...
  2. T

    What's everyone breaking when they offroad?

    One of my 1 year old KO2 tires. Small but long and sharp stick found its way through the sidewall close to the tread, leaving it slowly leaking. I'd suggest a quick tire patch kit/fix-a-flat so you can patch it properly when you get back. Luckily I have warranty on the tire and am getting a...
  3. T

    3rd Gen Stubby Antenna Mod

    My antenna has just been missing for the most part of the 2 years I have had my truck, and I want to do something to it, but I never use the radio, and if I do I get most of the stations anyway, without an antenna. So I've had no incentive to actually do it. I've considered trying to mount a...
  4. T

    engine died under acceleration

    I had a problem sort of similar to this. I was romping in the desert with my completely stock 2000 SR5. It might be considered abuse, but I was flooring it around roads and small trails like it was a trophy truck and it handled like a champ (weak, V6 champ) and didn't break. However when I...
  5. T

    so much steering slop even with new components

    I second the replacement of the shocks and shock bushings. I had issues with my steering having a bit of play, and while it wasn't darting across the road on its own, I had to adjust my steering habit to over-correct and it was rather annoying on the freeway and made turning offroad feel loose...

Forum statistics

Threads
278,385
Messages
3,554,596
Members
248,079
Latest member
johnnya
Back
Top