View Poll Results: Do you drive with a gun?
No and I would rather not 116 12.95%
No and I would rather not
116 12.95%
No but I would like to 152 16.96%
No but I would like to
152 16.96%
No gun but I drive with a different weapon 56 6.25%
No gun but I drive with a different weapon
56 6.25%
Yes I drive with a gun 456 50.89%
Yes I drive with a gun
456 50.89%
Yes I drive with multiple guns 116 12.95%
Yes I drive with multiple guns
116 12.95%
Voters: 896. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 12:37 AM #16
White 4x4runner's Avatar
White 4x4runner White 4x4runner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake county, CA
Posts: 434
White 4x4runner is on a distinguished road
White 4x4runner White 4x4runner is offline
Member
White 4x4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake county, CA
Posts: 434
White 4x4runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-money$$$ View Post
I always have a shotgun in my truck. The deal with the shot gun is that Im not 21 and cannot have a handgun. So i keep a little home defense 12 ga in the back seat. I usually have it in a spot for quick access, And california would surly disapprove of if. But then again im not asking for trouble so no officer should ever know its there, or that its loaded.


Not to offend you or anything but California has so many ridiculous laws for guns because 1 we have so so many people that don't understand and/or have never shot any firearm. 2 because lawmakers believe "take the guns away we stop the crime" ( I say BULLSH!T!! Guns used in crimes are illegal and us responsible people use them for good reasons!) and 3rd because people like you doing as you choose to and breaking the law. You have a loaded shotgun in your truck for what reason? Say your sittin in your truck and a dude walks up to you and tries pull in you out of your truck you push him back and he starts reaching for a gun but you grab your shotty before he gets the chance you pull it out he continues to get his gun and you pull the trigger before he shoots you... Yeah you avoided your rig being stolen and your alive but guess what.....your probably gonna go to jail on several charges. The gun has zero purpose being in your vehicle loaded other than you feel cool and safe having it there... Not to mention if ya do get stopped and they find it kiss your guns goodbye along with the chance of getting that pistol 11 days after your 21st
__________________
2001 4runner sr5 4wheel drive
White 4x4runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:19 AM #17
Tucson4runner's Avatar
Tucson4runner Tucson4runner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 2,171
Tucson4runner is on a distinguished road
Tucson4runner Tucson4runner is offline
Senior Member
Tucson4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 2,171
Tucson4runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCal View Post
I don't mean to single you out but this was a point I wanted to bring to the table. What if the situtaion arose where Jane Doe with a gun was overpowered by a perp and he turned it on her. Now the gun intended to protect her is endangering her. Would it not be better to just not have a gun in the equation to begin with? I doesn't have to be the situation above, it's just the whole idea of being overpowered and have your own gun turned on you.

Personally I don't judge anyone who drives with a gun, I don't because I'm fortunate to live in an really safe rural community but I could see the need more in the city.

Honestly tho, i'm slightly alarmed at the amount of people who do, I really hope there's a lot police officer on this forum but either way I'll think twice about cutting anyone off when if take a trip into the states
This would be an issue but he stated the women had been trained and had shot a gun before. The only people I think that would have their gun taken from them are people not trained who freeze what the moment comes up. If you don't want to take the proper courses then your just as bad as the people your trying to protect yourself from.
__________________
work in progress
Tucson4runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 AM #18
KidVermicious's Avatar
KidVermicious KidVermicious is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Utard
Posts: 12,998
Real Name: Kevin
KidVermicious will become famous soon enough KidVermicious will become famous soon enough
KidVermicious KidVermicious is offline
Elite Member
KidVermicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Utard
Posts: 12,998
Real Name: Kevin
KidVermicious will become famous soon enough KidVermicious will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCal View Post
I don't mean to single you out but this was a point I wanted to bring to the table. What if the situtaion arose where Jane Doe with a gun was overpowered by a perp and he turned it on her. Now the gun intended to protect her is endangering her. Would it not be better to just not have a gun in the equation to begin with? I doesn't have to be the situation above, it's just the whole idea of being overpowered and have your own gun turned on you.
I'm not AWilson, but I can answer this. It's a fact that women have the short end of the stick when it comes to physical size and power. So she can go into a potentially threatening situation at a guaranteed disadvantage, or she can get firearms and situation training and have that disadvantage substanially mitigated or even reversed. Sounds like AWilson and his family have chosen the second option, and it sounds like they're doing it right.

They don't call it "The Equalizer" for nothing.
KidVermicious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 AM #19
KidVermicious's Avatar
KidVermicious KidVermicious is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Utard
Posts: 12,998
Real Name: Kevin
KidVermicious will become famous soon enough KidVermicious will become famous soon enough
KidVermicious KidVermicious is offline
Elite Member
KidVermicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Utard
Posts: 12,998
Real Name: Kevin
KidVermicious will become famous soon enough KidVermicious will become famous soon enough
With respect to everybody in the thread, it sounds like some folks are just not comfortable with the idea of using a firearm in a hostile situation. There's nothing wrong with that at all, and I don't intend to disparage anybody because of it. I do wish that folks that felt like that would understand that there are others out there that DO feel comfortable wielding a firearm with intent if the need arises, and desire the legal option to do so, and it's not because there's some failure in their judgement process.

I don't generally carry because I don't feel the need. I'm a big dude who knows how to defend himself, I'm situationally aware, and I live and work in low-crime areas. That doesn't stop me from owning firearms and knowing how to use them. If something changed that caused me to feel the need to carry, I'd be very upset if there were a nannystate law trying to stop me.
KidVermicious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:42 AM #20
offroadingatc's Avatar
offroadingatc offroadingatc is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 36
Posts: 236
offroadingatc is on a distinguished road
offroadingatc offroadingatc is offline
Member
offroadingatc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 36
Posts: 236
offroadingatc is on a distinguished road
threads like these make me realize what a culture difference we have with out neighbors to the south. Not saying that its a good or bad thing, I just cant imagine carrying a gun in my truck except going hunting...
__________________
2011 Canadian SR5 Premium - Toytec Ultimate Lift - Light Racing UCA's - Rear diff breather mod - Rocky Road Sliders - Goodyear Wrangler Duractracs
offroadingatc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:27 AM #21
Edubsam Edubsam is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 196
Edubsam is on a distinguished road
Edubsam Edubsam is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 196
Edubsam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by White 4x4runner View Post
Say your sittin in your truck and a dude walks up to you and tries pull in you out of your truck you push him back and he starts reaching for a gun but you grab your shotty before he gets the chance you pull it out he continues to get his gun and you pull the trigger before he shoots you... Yeah you avoided your rig being stolen and your alive but guess what.....your probably gonna go to jail on several charges. The gun has zero purpose being in your vehicle loaded other than you feel cool and safe having it there... Not to mention if ya do get stopped and they find it kiss your guns goodbye along with the chance of getting that pistol 11 days after your 21st
Exactly. You're left alive when the scumbag trying to car jack and/or kill you is not. I, for one, see absolutely no problem here. Obviously, it's not worth taking a life over your rig, but if someone is trying to kill me, and I'm a little faster on the trigger, I'm not going to feel bad about it one bit.

Going to jail on a couple weapons charges is a small price to pay for your life.

I have been raised around guns. My dad was a cop and we have been hunting all my life. Maybe that has something to do with our difference in opinions....
Edubsam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:36 AM #22
Thai's Avatar
Thai Thai is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 18,336
Thai is just really nice Thai is just really nice Thai is just really nice Thai is just really nice
Thai Thai is offline
Elite Member
Thai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Eastern USA
Posts: 18,336
Thai is just really nice Thai is just really nice Thai is just really nice Thai is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubsam View Post
Exactly. You're left alive when the scumbag trying to car jack and/or kill you is not. I, for one, see absolutely no problem here. Obviously, it's not worth taking a life over your rig, but if someone is trying to kill me, and I'm a little faster on the trigger, I'm not going to feel bad about it one bit.

Going to jail on a couple weapons charges is a small price to pay for your life.

I have been raised around guns. My dad was a cop and we have been hunting all my life. Maybe that has something to do with our difference in opinions....
And with a good lawyer, you will probably get community service.
__________________
2019 Toyota Land Cruiser + ARB Sliders + BFG KO2 (stock size)
2017 Toyota Sienna Limited 2wd
2015 Acura MDX SH-AWD with TECH

LAND CRUISER 200 Information
Thai is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:30 PM #23
captaintg captaintg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 19
captaintg is on a distinguished road
captaintg captaintg is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 19
captaintg is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
And with a good lawyer, you will probably get community service.
I think it is much, much more likely that an illegal firearm (according to CA) gets you in severe legal trouble than it ends up saving your life. But if you feel your life is in danger, I guess you do what you gotta do.
captaintg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:43 PM #24
Dunk50 Dunk50 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Bend, In
Age: 73
Posts: 81
Dunk50 is on a distinguished road
Dunk50 Dunk50 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: South Bend, In
Age: 73
Posts: 81
Dunk50 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thai View Post
and with a good lawyer, you will probably get community service.


better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Military at 17, 7th SFG Ft. Bragg, 10th SFG Bad Tolz, 5th SFG Nam, 34 Years South Bend Police and retired. Should be fishin but I'm on here!
Dunk50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:30 PM #25
J-money$$$'s Avatar
J-money$$$ J-money$$$ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,898
J-money$$$ is on a distinguished road
J-money$$$ J-money$$$ is offline
Senior Member
J-money$$$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,898
J-money$$$ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by White 4x4runner View Post
Not to offend you or anything but California has so many ridiculous laws for guns because 1 we have so so many people that don't understand and/or have never shot any firearm. 2 because lawmakers believe "take the guns away we stop the crime" ( I say BULLSH!T!! Guns used in crimes are illegal and us responsible people use them for good reasons!) and 3rd because people like you doing as you choose to and breaking the law. You have a loaded shotgun in your truck for what reason? Say your sittin in your truck and a dude walks up to you and tries pull in you out of your truck you push him back and he starts reaching for a gun but you grab your shotty before he gets the chance you pull it out he continues to get his gun and you pull the trigger before he shoots you... Yeah you avoided your rig being stolen and your alive but guess what.....your probably gonna go to jail on several charges. The gun has zero purpose being in your vehicle loaded other than you feel cool and safe having it there... Not to mention if ya do get stopped and they find it kiss your guns goodbye along with the chance of getting that pistol 11 days after your 21st
Its nothing about being cool, Trust me. Im not worried about going to jail for it. I HATE CALIFORNIA. as soon as i graduate im leaving.

I grew up with guns as well, I dont think anything about it. Its just part of life. Im use to it. Im a hunter too. Here is the deal. You can do a lot as long as you keep a low profile. If a cop asked if I had a firearm i would say no without a thought. I cant help my libertarian thoughts... I dont feel safer with cops around, They have not helped me yet. I generally feel uneasy around the Cops even if im not breaking a single law.

Im not offended at all either. We are entitled to our own opinions. There are things I do you wouldnt, or you would feel very uncomfortable doing. And there are probably things you do that i would never do. I cant believe you are 100% law abiding. Its part of being American to break the rules a little. They are there to break =)
__________________
check out my build thread My Build
J-money$$$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM #26
3.5inmag 3.5inmag is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 32
3.5inmag is on a distinguished road
3.5inmag 3.5inmag is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 32
3.5inmag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-money$$$ View Post
I dont feel safer with cops around, They have not helped me yet. I generally feel uneasy around the Cops even if im not breaking a single law.
)
Agreed. Seemingly they always play the "guilty until PROVEN innocent" thing.

As my gf's dad stated once: There's a fine line between a cop and a criminal. But there's a huge line that separates a cop from a good cop..
3.5inmag is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:48 PM #27
White 4x4runner's Avatar
White 4x4runner White 4x4runner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake county, CA
Posts: 434
White 4x4runner is on a distinguished road
White 4x4runner White 4x4runner is offline
Member
White 4x4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake county, CA
Posts: 434
White 4x4runner is on a distinguished road
I don't wanna send the wrong message here. I love my firearms very much. I just choose to go threw the loopholes with California state law. We have a roster for pistols and if it's not "roster approved" ya can't buy it new (unless LE) only third party. So I went to Alaska and bought myself a Ruger lcp and carried it full battery daily in my pocket. But I do feel that a gun is the last resort for any situation unless your comin across an animal... I do prefer to carry a ka-bar on my side everyday

I'll properly reply later for now I'm going to enjoy my 1 dollar pints at downtown joes in support of the brewing network
__________________
2001 4runner sr5 4wheel drive
White 4x4runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:42 PM #28
J-money$$$'s Avatar
J-money$$$ J-money$$$ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,898
J-money$$$ is on a distinguished road
J-money$$$ J-money$$$ is offline
Senior Member
J-money$$$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,898
J-money$$$ is on a distinguished road
a Ka-bar? i never though of carrying a knife. I could see where it would work well. Hey enjoy the brew!!
__________________
check out my build thread My Build
J-money$$$ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:10 PM #29
TRDCal's Avatar
TRDCal TRDCal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,571
TRDCal is on a distinguished road
TRDCal TRDCal is offline
Senior Member
TRDCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,571
TRDCal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson4runner View Post
This would be an issue but he stated the women had been trained and had shot a gun before. The only people I think that would have their gun taken from them are people not trained who freeze what the moment comes up. If you don't want to take the proper courses then your just as bad as the people your trying to protect yourself from.
Yah I remember him saying his wife was trained, thats why I said it didn't have to be that situation, it could be any similar situation. What if while your distracted by one perp, another one comes from behind and then you'd be out numbered. I agree that this is a very unlikely situation but could it be as unlikely as needing the gun in the first place? I don't know just a thought, and thats not my reason for not carrying one I simply just don't see the need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadingatc View Post
threads like these make me realize what a culture difference we have with out neighbors to the south. Not saying that its a good or bad thing, I just cant imagine carrying a gun in my truck except going hunting...
This pretty much sums up my feelings. I guess you could say Bowling for Columbine kinda swayed my opinion on guns and gun laws in America. But on that note, i've have accepted the fact that it is how it is and there nothing I can do about it. C'est la vie!
__________________
SOLD Jan/15

03 V8 4x4 Limited, RAS converted to coil w/1.5 spacers, Bilstein 5100's 2.5" setting, 265/70R17 Grabber AT2s, FJ Rims, Custom headers, dual exhaust, 20% tint, HCF delete, VSC off mod, blacked-out headlights, WeatherTechs, TRD shift knob.

Last edited by TRDCal; 10-23-2011 at 10:12 PM.
TRDCal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 11:12 PM #30
White 4x4runner's Avatar
White 4x4runner White 4x4runner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake county, CA
Posts: 434
White 4x4runner is on a distinguished road
White 4x4runner White 4x4runner is offline
Member
White 4x4runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lake county, CA
Posts: 434
White 4x4runner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-money$$$ View Post
a Ka-bar? i never though of carrying a knife. I could see where it would work well. Hey enjoy the brew!!
Yup. I bought it because I broke so many work knives. This one stands up to anything I put itthrew and it's legal fixed blade non concealed. Never once be hassled about it. Plus it doesn't take a man to pull the trigger. Anyone can squeeze in fear but you pull a knife (in self defense) the other person gets the idea you ain't messin around. Provided you know how to use it

And thanks man! You should take the shotty out of your truck and come have one
__________________
2001 4runner sr5 4wheel drive
White 4x4runner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
green 4 wheel drive light doesn't come on, 4 wheel drive doesn't engage 4Runnerswa 3rd gen T4Rs 7 02-10-2014 01:51 PM
Quadra Drive II vs 4runner 4wheel drive system. JosephD05 Comparisons & Reviews 3 09-25-2013 10:11 PM
Vin Number says 4 wheel drive when 2-wheel drive calto90 Classic T4Rs 5 01-12-2013 11:15 PM
MB V-Drive brockeverly 5th gen T4Rs 11 09-13-2011 05:09 PM
Meaningless Poll: If you couldn't drive a 3rd gen, what would you drive? Martinjmpr 3rd gen T4Rs 39 06-07-2010 07:22 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
***This site is an unofficial Toyota site, and is not officially endorsed, supported, authorized by or affiliated with Toyota. All company, product, or service names references in this web site are used for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners. The Toyota name, marks, designs and logos, as well as Toyota model names, are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation***Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
Copyright © 2020