Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   jeep gladiator up to 20k offf (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/311922-jeep-gladiator-up-20k-offf.html)

osugsxr 09-23-2023 09:08 AM

jeep gladiator up to 20k offf

Read an article and found a few dealers marking the jeep gladiators up to $20k off. Sports starting at $32k and up, tempting to start a small build on one.

Thai 09-23-2023 11:01 AM

Better buy ASAP before the UAW strikes affect supply….

AZ Craig 09-26-2023 05:43 PM

UAW strike and the fact that Stellantis is almost certainly going to scale back production to prevent this from happening again ensures this is probably the best deals are ever going to be on Gladiators. I've heard generally the cheaper trims are the ones that you can get the most money off of right now.

Some other Jeep vehicles have a lot of money on the hood right now (Grand Cherokee 4xe for one thing).

Too bad about reliability as they do have some compelling options (but sorely need updated powertrains, at least for the higher output options).

rdruss 09-26-2023 07:25 PM

Also one of the ugliest vehicles ever IMO.

BearBio 09-30-2023 01:16 PM

Get what you pay for (or, is it: Pay for what you get?).

They know their own worth!

gomiami 09-30-2023 04:21 PM

It is still overpriced even at $20K off.

Texmax 09-30-2023 09:02 PM

New cars are a waste of money and a really bad investment and that includes Toyota.

Cars in general are a terrible investment take it from someone like
Warren Buffet the billionaire drives an old pickup and lives below his means.

You don't get rich by making bad financial decisions, only the greedy automakers get rich. You lose.

Thai 10-03-2023 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texmax (Post 3813722)
New cars are a waste of money and a really bad investment and that includes Toyota.

You don't get rich by making bad financial decisions, only the greedy automakers get rich. You lose.

But buying a used car is like reusing a condom from some other dude.......sure, you save money but you may get burn afterwards, both figuratively and literally. :D

AZ Craig 10-03-2023 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thai (Post 3814056)
But buying a used car is like reusing a condom from some other dude.......sure, you save money but you may get burn afterwards, both figuratively and literally. :D

Amen. I'm so sick and tired of people railing about how everyone who buys new cars is an idiot.

There is more to life than the endless pursuit of as large a retirement account as possible. Live a little bit, you cannot take your money to the grave.

Thai 10-03-2023 12:20 PM

For example, recently i unloaded a 2022 Honda Ridgeline. On surface, it is good. But i had front wheelbearing issues since day 1. Honda finally fixed it at 10k miles. Noise never went away completely but very very minimal. Then at around 40k miles, noise gradually came back. I am past warranty. I doubt that it is wheelbearing...probably front diff or some expensive brake issue. Either way, i did not want incompetent Honda techs to have a shopping spree with my wallet. So, i sold it while resale value was still half decent.

So yeah, on surface, my 2022 Honda looks good. But buy it...and well...good luck.

Pedro367 10-03-2023 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texmax (Post 3813722)

Let's also make sure we understand that Warren Buffet didn't get rich by not driving a Rolls Royce or living in a "normal" house. Some people just don't care about material things. He's just an extreme example of that. He's so rich there aren't any means to live below.

AZ Craig 10-03-2023 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thai (Post 3814087)
For example, recently i unloaded a 2022 Honda Ridgeline. On surface, it is good. But i had front wheelbearing issues since day 1. Honda finally fixed it at 10k miles. Noise never went away completely but very very minimal. Then at around 40k miles, noise gradually came back. I am past warranty. I doubt that it is wheelbearing...probably front diff or some expensive brake issue. Either way, i did not want incompetent Honda techs to have a shopping spree with my wallet. So, i sold it while resale value was still half decent.

So yeah, on surface, my 2022 Honda looks good. But buy it...and well...good luck.

Yes, I've always struggled with this when considering used cars (and to be honest, I've never actually bought one used in my whole life).

You find a good deal on a somewhat newer vehicle and the question that immediately comes to my mind: "Why did the original seller sell it in the first place?"

I personally find the sweet spot to be to buy new and then drive it for 4 to 8 years. Trade out before the residual value craters and maintenance and upkeep becomes significant.

A car payment is predictable. A major driveline failure or some other nagging issue is not.

Thai 10-03-2023 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Craig (Post 3814123)
Yes, I've always struggled with this when considering used cars (and to be honest, I've never actually bought one used in my whole life).

You find a good deal on a somewhat newer vehicle and the question that immediately comes to my mind: "Why did the original seller sell it in the first place?"

I personally find the sweet spot to be to buy new and then drive it for 4 to 8 years. Trade out before the residual value craters and maintenance and upkeep becomes significant.

A car payment is predictable. A major driveline failure or some other nagging issue is not.

Having doubts will ruin any honeymoon....

I have bought ONE USED car. It is my 2015 MDX. Still running great. It was not really used...it was used by Acura dealer as a loaner car...so we bought an Acura dealership loaner.

gomiami 10-03-2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Craig (Post 3814081)
Amen. I'm so sick and tired of people railing about how everyone who buys new cars is an idiot.

There is more to life than the endless pursuit of as large a retirement account as possible. Live a little bit, you cannot take your money to the grave.

Yeah. I'm going to buy the last new car in my life sometime soon. I've been fiscally conservative my entire life and won't feel guilty about treating myself a little bit.

Besides, I'm not too concerned with what Warren Buffet drives anyway.

Texmax 10-03-2023 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thai (Post 3814056)

That's a ridiculous, stupid shallow analogy. I choose to have the $50k cash in my home safe and drive used cars.
Geez, you're the reason prices for new cars are so high because idiots like you keep buying.