Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   5th Gen Front Diff Mounting Bolts (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/313468-5th-gen-front-diff-mounting-bolts.html)

paczowski123 03-05-2024 03:34 PM

5th Gen Front Diff Mounting Bolts

Alright so I have searched high and low for the bolt thread, length for the front diff mounting bolts. i have a diff drop installed that I am considering removing due to some noise I am getting and seems some folks experience these noises with diff drops, however, I do not have the factory bolts anymore.

Does anyone know either the part number for these from Toyota or at least the thread pitch/length for them? Online Toyota parts websites seem useless.

DigitalVex 03-05-2024 04:30 PM

Might be here:

Bolt(For Front Differential Support Assy) | Part #9010514177 | Toyota Auto Parts

rdruss 03-05-2024 09:45 PM

Just use the dif drop bolts you have, cut an inch off or put the spacers under the bolt head until you get the right ones. You could remove one of the dif drop bolts and take it to Home Depot or, other store, and match up the threads and then buy shorter ones.

fkheath 03-05-2024 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdruss (Post 3831010)
You could remove one of the dif drop bolts and take it to Home Depot or, other store, and match up the threads and then buy shorter ones.

Toyota uses high strength bolts just about everywhere. Home Depot sells weak Chinese junk. Better to go to an industrial fastener store instead of Lowe's or Home Depot.

Oogs 03-06-2024 10:05 AM

Check Fastenal online.

paczowski123 03-06-2024 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalVex (Post 3830977)

So I have searched a couple of times and it seems there are many part number for the same exploded picture. While I understand it may be the same bolt shared across different models, I'd hat to order and end up with the incorrect bolts.

paczowski123 03-06-2024 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdruss (Post 3831010)
Just use the dif drop bolts you have, cut an inch off or put the spacers under the bolt head until you get the right ones. You could remove one of the dif drop bolts and take it to Home Depot or, other store, and match up the threads and then buy shorter ones.

If i remember correctly the shank on the bolt is longer not the threads, so removing the bolt and cutting down would just remove the top threaded section. If I cannot locate the correct thread pitch/length I may be just removing it and taking it to a hardware store.

AuSeeker 03-06-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paczowski123 (Post 3831040)
If i remember correctly the shank on the bolt is longer not the threads, so removing the bolt and cutting down would just remove the top threaded section. If I cannot locate the correct thread pitch/length I may be just removing it and taking it to a hardware store.

You can match the bolts/diameter/threads, etc. just make sure you get grade 8 bolts.