Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/)
-   -   Door Pillar Covers (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/17163-door-pillar-covers.html)

rav1974 03-03-2006 12:33 PM

Door Pillar Covers

Anyone know if there are color-matched door pillar covers out there. I would love to have galactic gray mica door pillars to break the long black space on the side of the 4runner. Any thoughts would be great.

Also, I already have checked a few places where they have cf and chrome, but no colors.

brick privy 03-03-2006 12:54 PM

just paint 'em.

although, when you break up the long black space on the side, it might end up looking like a jail cell.

Pirate VI 03-05-2006 01:27 AM

on some cars, and although i havent looked specifically on the 4runner, you can remove the black and it is painted underneath. take off the bumpy plastic piece and it is like a black vinal sticker on there really good, but with some chemicals and a hair dryer it can come off on some cars. and it will be painted gg underneath

THUNDR CLOUD 03-05-2006 02:35 PM

Re: Door Pillar Covers

Quote:

Originally posted by rav1974
Anyone know if there are color-matched door pillar covers out there. I would love to have galactic gray mica door pillars to break the long black space on the side of the 4runner. Any thoughts would be great.

Also, I already have checked a few places where they have cf and chrome, but no colors.

Drop Jason B a line at
www.burtmanindustries.com

If it's available He will know about it. If not he can probably give you advise on how you can make your own to get the look you want.

skoobz 04-06-2006 12:12 AM

yeah, my m6 is painted underneath the plastic, so i removed it. i haven't removed or looked into the 4runner's window sills, i kinda like it as is.

Toy-Yoda 05-28-2006 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my pillars lined with carbon fiber

ddd269 06-02-2006 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Toy-Yoda
I got my pillars lined with carbon fiber
Where did you get the b pillar cover?

Thanks.

Toy-Yoda 06-02-2006 07:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by ddd269
Where did you get the b pillar cover?

Thanks.

These are a few places in Vancouver BC that does custom carbon fiber-ing.

broncosi 06-08-2006 10:20 AM

Re: Door Pillar Covers

Quote:

Originally posted by rav1974
where did you find the chrome ones? im looking for some of those for my 3rd gen.

Toy-Yoda 06-09-2006 12:05 AM

Re: Re: Door Pillar Covers

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by broncosi
where did you find the chrome ones? im looking for some of those for my 3rd gen.
My stuff was all custom from a place in Vancouver BC

broncosi 06-09-2006 08:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: Door Pillar Covers

Quote:

haha right, i realize that, youve posted the same post here 3 times, i was just curious where the chrome ones were and if they were covers or vinal.

i think im going to a place today which sells custom vinal stickers and they have a chrome color. Im going to see how that looks.

ddd269 06-09-2006 12:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Door Pillar Covers

Quote:

Could you send me the name and phone number of the place that did this for you. Maybe they still have the mold? How much did you pay?

honduran1816 01-22-2008 06:47 PM

Chrome Pillars

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone know where i can get chrome pillars for my toyota 4runner...i have a 2001 4runner but yea i kant find nowhere where i could fond them and even on the internet so please let me kno ASAP. thnx

Jason B 02-06-2024 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by honduran1816 (Post 290449)
Anyone know where i can get chrome pillars for my toyota 4runner...i have a 2001 4runner but yea i kant find nowhere where i could fond them and even on the internet so please let me kno ASAP. thnx

@honduran1816 - do you still have the vehicle? I can do chrome for you.

I also have Carbon fiber in a 6 pc set.

https://www.burtmanindustries.com/im...pillarsun8.jpg

Burtman Industries Carbon Fiber Pillars 96-02 4Runner

Burtman Industries Carbon Fiber Pillars 2003-2009 4Runner

And if anyone needs for a 5th gen, I could also probably do those if there is interest?