Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Ironman Foam Cell Pro Updates? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/312918-ironman-foam-cell-pro-updates.html)

4 RunnerBoxer 01-05-2024 10:44 AM

Ironman Foam Cell Pro Updates?

So a time now been running Iron Man Foam cell pro lift kit for awhile? Durability, comfort?

I know they recently had some issues with their UCA ball joints, had a recall, replaced them all. I know their UCAs are made in China. Sometimes though made in China can be good quality if properly supervised, QC measures out in place - other times it is hit or miss.

Looking at their 2.5” front, 2” rear as want to maintain some rake, I don’t care for the completely level look.

Considering this set up vs the tried and true old man emu Nitro 884 front/895 rear.

My biggest considerations: ride comfort, long term durability (don’t want having to replace rebuild in several years), current availability (can’t wait 3-4 months for dobinson and don’t want more expense set ups like Fox, king, etc) . Daily driver occasional light Offroads.

So Ironman good quality ? Like to hear from those that have this kit. I do like with their stage 3 kit basically get all you need in one package.

GT0neX 01-06-2024 09:32 PM

There should be a fairly lengthy thread on here regarding ironmans. It should actually be titled "Ironman Foam Cell Pro." Run a search. FWIW, I'm pretty happy with mine so far. The UCA recall sucked, but at least they did the right thing. I have yet to install the new UCAs.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

AZ4Running 01-07-2024 01:30 PM

I have been running the Ironman 4x4 Nitro 2.5 2 lift on my 2012 for over a year now. Springs are the same as the Foam Cell Pro just Nitro shocks instead of the Foam Cell. I have a major complaint with this setup. The softest front springs they offer in a 2.5 lift are 775 lb springs and unless you have a full steel front bumper the ride in the front is VERY stiff. After some research I found this info out and quickly swapped the front springs to OME 888X 590 lb springs. The ride is nice and plush now. Just something to keep in mind when considering Ironman 4x4 suspension. I ended up selling the front Ironman springs to another 5th gen owner that just installed a full steel front bumper and his rig road great with those springs and added weight.

grizzlypath 01-12-2024 03:16 PM

I've been running the Ironman FCP suspension front/rear with their UCA for 3 years now. So far I've been very happy with it.

My recommendation would be to NOT install the little Allen set screws in the coilover adjustment nuts. I doubt they're needed and they like to strip out and then they're a pain to remove if you want to adjust. Other than that, everything has been great.

Okieflyr 01-12-2024 05:41 PM

Ironman

Quote:

Originally Posted by GT0neX (Post 3824871)
There should be a fairly lengthy thread on here regarding ironmans. It should actually be titled "Ironman Foam Cell Pro." Run a search. FWIW, I'm pretty happy with mine so far. The UCA recall sucked, but at least they did the right thing. I have yet to install the new UCAs.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Same here.