Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Great Lakes (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/great-lakes/)
-   -   Twin Cities 4Runners? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/great-lakes/68835-twin-cities-4runners.html)

fenrisx 07-20-2010 11:46 PM

Twin Cities 4Runners?

I know there's gotta be some guys in the TC area with 4Runners..

I seen a black 3rd gen Highlander at the Edina Super Target with what looks like about a 3" lift... other than that I haven't really seen many lifted 4Runners around.

fenrisx 07-24-2010 01:24 AM

Seen a nice blacked lifted 4th gen leaving the Walser Toyota in Bloomington this week..

Viking97SR5 02-06-2011 11:25 PM

Got a 97 sr5

Not many from MN on here..........

fenrisx 03-07-2011 02:48 PM

aint that the truth!

Dsimm 05-04-2011 11:19 AM

2003 4runner with over 200000 miles on it! This truck has been the best...So I gave some extras... just added the toytec ult 3" lift locking rearend and some KM2 285/70X17 tires Twin Cities area.. Now I need some good place to go try it out.

Catullus 85 05-15-2011 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,

I can finally say I am a T4R owner! There are only a few others here in Northfield. I pulled the trigger on a 5th gen limited man is it sweet.

I got the bigger AT tires installed before leaving the Toyota City Brooklyn Park dealership - thanks to Dana B.! He's the best sales person around.
Nitto Terra Grapplers in 275/60R20. Now I will never get stuck hauling back to my deer stand!

I drove straight to my guy in Northfield for the 2-2.5 inch suspension upgrade & lift with Bilstein 5100s x 4.

Even my lady likes climbing up into it!

Hope to see you all on the road,

Cat 85

Catullus 85 05-20-2011 05:55 PM

Off Road Spots in MN

Anyone have any feedback on the off road spots up north?

Any recommendations for a place to go check out for a beginner?

Here is the mn map that links to public off road vehicle sites.
OHV trail locations map: Minnesota DNR

Ryan_S 05-24-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catullus 85 (Post 785840)
Anyone have any feedback on the off road spots up north?

Any recommendations for a place to go check out for a beginner?

Here is the mn map that links to public off road vehicle sites.
OHV trail locations map: Minnesota DNR

You'll notice there are only 2 in MN that allow ORV (off road vehicle, as in 4R, Jeep, etc.).

One is the Gandy Dancer, basically a gravel road. Lots of stop signs, farms, houses.

Two is in Gilbert. Haven't been there yet but it looks like the best bet for "off roading".

Best bet may be to head up to the UP. Most of the trails there allow ORV use as well as ATV. MN limits most of the trails to ATV only.

DNR - ORV/ATV Trail Maps

Holdman 09-09-2011 12:58 AM

Wife and I just bought an '87 SR5 for under $600. First time out in the woods today, needs some work but amazing truck (considering the front end wont lock :( ) If you find anywhere good to go in MN let us know! We are up in Brainerd area and just took it on some back trails in Barrows.

tickettosser 09-10-2011 07:56 AM

Bemidji has 4 lifted gen 3s (including mine)

JP5EDC 10-21-2012 05:24 AM

Hi all, here's my first post on T4R! I just picked up a new 2012 LE in Silver from Burnsville Toyota. I feel like I'm driving an apocalypse ready Lexus! Really loving it so far. Hope to meet some fellow MN 4R owners!

tacojeff 10-21-2012 10:29 PM

I'm here in the twin cities. 99 4runner, 3" lift, 33's armor. I've been hanging with a group of Jeeps for a couple years up in the Iron Range. I'm starting to think about pulling together a twin cities Toyota off road club. There are a few places to get out around the state, a couple private off road areas open a few times a year too. Should we try to put some type of gathering together?

JP5EDC 10-22-2012 05:25 PM

tacojeff- we should definitely put something together! i've got a friend with an FJ who's been up to the iron range, but i've never been...

first order of business for me is to get some respectable wheels and tires, these 20" wheels are too baller status for me...

tacojeff 10-22-2012 09:57 PM

Are you building it up or leaving it stock otherwise?

JP5EDC 10-23-2012 08:40 PM

Honestly I'm not entirely sure... Of course the upcoming TRD supercharger sounds fun- but that's not out yet and I'm not sure if I want/need the extra power. Here's the list of what I've done or am thinking about getting done:

-Toyota OEM running board: on order
-Tonneau cover for cargo area: on order
-Auto Vent Shade Brand bug deflector: on order
-Viper iPhone powered remote start / security: probably will install soon
-Weathertech floor mats and cargo mat
-Tint for front windows
-CB radio Cobra 75 WX ST and FireStick antennae
-Dual battery setup for "house" power
-Rack: OEM or Yakima cross bars, or Baja / Gobi rack?
-Exterior lighting?
-Lift?

I'd like to not go too overboard for warranty purposes. Suggestions and feedback definitely welcome! What do you recommend?