Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   General Discussions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/)
-   -   Thieves After 5th Gen Wheels (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/general-discussions/313660-thieves-after-5th-gen-wheels.html)

SocalSam 03-29-2024 08:19 PM

Thieves After 5th Gen Wheels

These Toyota models targeted in wheel, tire thefts across county - YouTube

revox92 03-31-2024 09:08 PM

No place is safe against those seem organized thieves.

Devbot 03-31-2024 09:33 PM

Pays to have $60 steelies :pimp:

trainman605 04-01-2024 09:44 AM

I look at Craigslist once a week or so for 4 Runner's and parts, mainly just to see what's out there, as I don't need any of this stuff, but just curious to see what is going on in the 4 Runner world. I have not seen a set of factory 4 Runner wheels and tires for sale to date, but maybe it's just the area that I live in, but in the DFW area there are 4 Runner all over the place, but most are stock from the factory, more Limited's than I thought there would be.

kevinRR 04-05-2024 08:31 AM

Never even heard of anyone stealing wheels from a Toyota truck/SUV. Seem like California need to get their shit together.

trainman605 04-05-2024 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinRR (Post 3833486)
Never even heard of anyone stealing wheels from a Toyota truck/SUV. Seem like California need to get their shit together.

I agree, from what I see on both the Tacoma and the 4 Runner, most have the stock factory wheels from where I live in the DFW area, thus the low thief of these tires and wheels, no demand for them.

hatidua 04-11-2024 05:09 PM

There are always complete sets of 4Runner wheels/tires on the local craigslist (Boulder, CO) but I always figured it was people that were urgently swapping the original wheels for the TRD wheels to look like the cool kids.

TK-422 04-16-2024 08:02 AM

Not that it will stop all crack addicts but I have LED lights that keep my driveway lit up and have three 4K cameras facing the driveway with LED infrared lights that you can see at night but are highly mounted on the roof eves so they are out of touch.

It should be a good deterrent to have them look for an easier target.

Offroad Alliance 04-16-2024 11:03 AM

Thieves will be thieves, having an alarm system or a Ravelco just to make sure they dont get friskier and want the whole vehicle is almost necessary nowadays. Hard to say "dont park in a bad area" when these thieves and people are leaving the bad areas and going into high end neighborhoods, stealing trucks in broad daylight, cutting catalytic convertors while youre in the store.... We have had customers with locking lug nuts get their wheels stolen still. If it can be taken, and they want it bad enough, it will get stolen. I had my truck broken into in my driveway with a camera facing it and spotlight, it sucks watching it afterhand how careless they were.