Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Leaking coolant throttle body 4.7L 4Runner (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/298126-leaking-coolant-throttle-body-4-7l-4runner.html)

Bkt4runner 06-14-2021 06:55 AM

Leaking coolant throttle body 4.7L 4Runner

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 2003 4Runner 4.7L V8 and it is leaking coolant on my throttle body. Can this problem be fixed by cleaning it and putting in new oem gasket or do you need to buy a new unit? Has anyone had this issue?

bebop 06-14-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bkt4runner (Post 3646841)
I have a 2003 4Runner 4.7L V8 and it is leaking coolant. Can this problem be fixed by cleaning it and putting in new oem gasket or do you need to buy a new unit? Has anyone had this issue?

Are you suggesting that your throttle body is leaking coolant?

2uzfe throttle body coolant leak. | Toyota Tundra Forums

I’d check this out as it may offer your answers cheers!

MacRendar 06-14-2021 07:28 PM

Do you have a reason to suspect that is where the leak is occurring? I have a coolant leak as well on my 4.7 that the shop claims does not exist... they pressure tested it and it shows no leaks... my driveway and low coolant tank beg to differ...

Bassturd 06-14-2021 09:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I had a coolant leak I couldn’t find for the longest time. I could smell it almost every time I got out of the Runner. I had to top my reservoir up weekly! I never saw any kind of pooling under the vehicle. The O-ring on this guy had failed. It would run down the valve cover throttle body area and drip down the back of the head onto the exhaust manifold catalytic converter passenger side. It was an easy fix dealer had the O-ring took me a couple hours to do it.

Tonguss 11-04-2023 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bassturd (Post 3647081)
I had a coolant leak I couldn’t find for the longest time. I could smell it almost every time I got out of the Runner. I had to top my reservoir up weekly! I never saw any kind of pooling under the vehicle. The O-ring on this guy had failed. It would run down the valve cover throttle body area and drip down the back of the head onto the exhaust manifold catalytic converter passenger side. It was an easy fix dealer had the O-ring took me a couple hours to do it.

what was part number that o-ring? mine is having the same issue.

thank yu

inscarguy 11-06-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacRendar (Post 3647053)
Do you have a reason to suspect that is where the leak is occurring? I have a coolant leak as well on my 4.7 that the shop claims does not exist... they pressure tested it and it shows no leaks... my driveway and low coolant tank beg to differ...

If it's not leaking externally, it's leaking internally.