Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Anyone running a 1" wheel spacer? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/312744-anyone-running-1-wheel-spacer.html)

ThatRed4thGen 12-18-2023 11:56 AM

Anyone running a 1" wheel spacer?

I'm trying to find examples of a 1" wheel spacer on a 4th gen 4runner. I've only been able to find 1.25" which is a little wider than I want. I'm curious if anyone is running one and if they had to cut down the wheel studs or not.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MountainBiker 12-18-2023 01:10 PM

I'd like to know this as well!

FYI, I tried the 3/4" wheel spacers and they don't fit a 4th gen.
WHEEL SPACER KIT HUBCENTRIC 6X5.5
- The rear wheel studs in the hub are too long and poke through the spacer and it the wheel. Could be solved by installing shorter wheel studs
- The front hub cap (the steel one that is hammered into the hub over the axle nut) interferes with installing the 3/4" wheel spacer. This is because the spacer is hub centric, and needs material to from the OD of the hub to the ID of the wheel, and at 3/4" thick, there isn't enough distance to achieve the fit. Possible solution is to turn down the wheel spacer, but it might get too thin.

inscarguy 12-18-2023 03:57 PM

I am. I'm running a 1" on the front of both of my 4runners and 1.25" on the rears. My '06 has no rubbing as it sits about 1-1.5 inches higher in the front than my '08 does. There is very slight rubbing on the '08 but I have to do one more small trim to the mud flaps and then it will be ok. Both sets are hub centric and they are KSP brand. They have been on for over a year and no issues. Both are running 275 55 20's with the '06 running michelin ltx at.

ktom3001 12-21-2023 03:23 PM

The spacer is attached to the hub with nuts so there's a minimum material thickness behind those nuts. I think that's why they all end up being 1.25".
Not to sound like I'm lecturing but I really think these wheel spacers are a bad idea, if you can find a wheel/tire combo that gets the look you want then go that route for safety sake.

inscarguy 12-21-2023 04:58 PM

You can also get shorter lug nuts which fit the 1" spacers. They fit perfectly.