Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Spotify app bug in CarPlay? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/300123-spotify-app-bug-carplay.html)

BorotHex 09-05-2021 09:02 AM

Spotify app bug in CarPlay?

Does anyone else notice the screen do some kind of a cutting out for just an instant using Spotify?

I kept noticing out of the corner of my eye something that seemed like the app was changing screens. But it’s not. It’s just flashing intermittently, like cutting out. Happens sometimes 3-4 times in 15-20 minutes.

I’m hoping others have seen it and it’s the app. I have not noticed it with other apps, but concerned the head unit has an issue. I’m hoping it’s contained to a buggy app.

AgentKooper 09-05-2021 11:35 AM

I notice occasional glitches with Spotify as well, though not exactly what you describe. Every once in a while Google maps will do something strange too. I just chalk it up to random glitches in the matrix of multiple devices and software interacting with each other. I doubt it’s the head unit, which also otherwise functions perfectly for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BorotHex 09-05-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentKooper (Post 3670349)
I notice occasional glitches with Spotify as well, though not exactly what you describe. Every once in a while Google maps will do something strange too. I just chalk it up to random glitches in the matrix of multiple devices and software interacting with each other. I doubt it’s the head unit, which also otherwise functions perfectly for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had CarPlay since 2014 I think, and I’ve never seen this with any app, so I wanted to ask.

Thanks.

Meckles 02-09-2024 12:09 PM

I haven't personally experienced that issue, but it sounds frustrating. It could be a glitch within the Spotify app or possibly a compatibility issue with your car's head unit. Have you tried updating the Spotify app to see if that resolves the problem? If it persists, reaching out to Spotify support might be a good next step to troubleshoot further.
In the meantime, if you're interested in enhancing your presence on Spotify, there are some strategies you could explore. For example, you can buy spotify plays. It can help boost your music's visibility and attract more listeners.

fkheath 02-09-2024 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentKooper (Post 3670349)
Every once in a while Google maps will do something strange too. I just chalk it up to random glitches in the matrix of multiple devices and software interacting with each other.

Google Maps does strange things when it can't get a clear cell phone signal to update the map data. Things like a black screen, blocked out screen portions, etc.

EEEliminator 02-09-2024 05:35 PM

I have an issue where it will start looping a song midway through occasionally, restarting my phone fixes the issue. I don't have a factory head unit though.

Warriunarl 02-09-2024 11:55 PM

Have you considered updating the Spotify app to see if the screen-cutting issue gets resolved, and have you encountered similar problems with other apps on CarPlay?

AaronBock 02-10-2024 02:26 AM

I haven't noticed any glitches but I think also set mine awhile back to stop auto updating because sometimes newer software can get buggy when you're running it on older hardware.