Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Looking for a used trd off-road premium (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/312913-looking-used-trd-off-road-premium.html)

Timjtitus 01-04-2024 07:32 PM

Looking for a used trd off-road premium

3rd gen and Land Cruiser guy here looking for a 2020-2022 off-road premium. Not sure what a good price on these are, I’m used to 15-20 year old trucks lol. Any advice guys?

FoxtrotRomeo 01-04-2024 07:52 PM

Checkout Autotrader, Carmax, Carvana etc, in your area, to get a sense of the ASKING prices for the year/model/mileage you are looking for. This will give you an idea of the market in your area.

That is your starting point.

ASUMTNEER 01-05-2024 10:13 AM

Should be low to mid 40's depending on mileage, options, etc. Market is dropping, so be patient if you can.

BlueHenT4R 01-05-2024 12:22 PM

4Runners have incredible resale value. As such, I'd be inclined to purchase new over one that is 2-3 years old. Dealers are starting to build inventory. I got $2K off MSRP last April. You might be able to negotiate even lower now.

hoppyjr 01-05-2024 12:49 PM

With the basic safety enhancements and upgrades like LED headlamps, CarPlay, etc. I agree with the “buy new” idea. A 2020+ preowned 4Runner isn’t going to save you any significant amount of money, so get a new one and start your time with a fresh one.

You’ll also have the benefit of the best version of a fantastic vehicle.

My pick would be (and was) the Off Road Premium, but the SR5 Premium could work well too.

Consider doing a nationwide search on Autotrader for new ones. Also check dealer websites. You might even find a leftover 2023 if not too picky about color.

Every Day OutDoors 01-06-2024 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoppyjr (Post 3824683)
With the basic safety enhancements and upgrades like LED headlamps, CarPlay, etc. I agree with the “buy new” idea. A 2020+ preowned 4Runner isn’t going to save you any significant amount of money, so get a new one and start your time with a fresh one.

You’ll also have the benefit of the best version of a fantastic vehicle.

My pick would be (and was) the Off Road Premium, but the SR5 Premium could work well too.

Consider doing a nationwide search on Autotrader for new ones. Also check dealer websites. You might even find a leftover 2023 if not too picky about color.

Or the worst version depending on what your view point is, I personally hate the active cc crap, and the push button start after watching a key failure 1500 miles from home with no back up, and spending basically a day on a trail trying to figure out wtf was wrong with the vehicle. Ill take the old tech any day of the week over the new stuff. Before this I kinda wanted the push button start on mine just for the smart key not having to fumble for keys to unlock the vehicle, but after that not thanks. I also think the new ones are overpriced, paid $38900 42900 out the door for a 2018 trd off road premium, now those would be around 54 out the door.

trainman605 01-13-2024 02:44 AM

I'm new to the forum and thinking about a new TRD Off Road, not sure if I want the Premium option or not. I'm 78 years old and think all those Premium options will be things I don't really need, or use. My wife has a new RX350 and we got the model second from the top, no side cameras, no GPS, and a few other electronics that we don't care about. The AppleCarPlay takes care of our needs just fine, plus the cloth seats are much to my liking. I will only be driving the vehicle some 4-5000 miles per year tops and it will never go off road, but I do want the 4WD for sure. Dealers around me here in the DFW area seem to have several on there lots for sale, I think I will start looking in February. I'm pretty sure I want the Old School model 2024 and not the new 2025 model, mainly because of it 4.0 engine and it's simplify design, over a turbo, etc.

BlueHenT4R 01-13-2024 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trainman605 (Post 3825646)
I'm new to the forum and thinking about a new TRD Off Road, not sure if I want the Premium option or not. I'm 78 years old and think all those Premium options will be things I don't really need, or use. My wife has a new RX350 and we got the model second from the top, no side cameras, no GPS, and a few other electronics that we don't care about. The AppleCarPlay takes care of our needs just fine, plus the cloth seats are much to my liking. I will only be driving the vehicle some 4-5000 miles per year tops and it will never go off road, but I do want the 4WD for sure. Dealers around me here in the DFW area seem to have several on there lots for sale, I think I will start looking in February. I'm pretty sure I want the Old School model 2024 and not the new 2025 model, mainly because of it 4.0 engine and it's simplify design, over a turbo, etc.

You mention a preference for cloth seats, Apple CarPlay and fewer other features, and state you'll never go off road. The standard SR5 sounds like the appropriate choice for you, and as a bonus, the cheapest.

And definitely go with the 5th gen. If the 6th gen stumbles out of the gate like the new Tundra has with all of its gremlins, your resale value will be even better.

fotorunner 01-14-2024 01:37 PM

I went through this and opted for a new 23 TRD OR Premium. There just wasn't enough price difference between a used vehicle and new for me to buy the used.