Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/)
-   -   Do I really need Upper Control Arms? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/309150-do-i-really-need-upper-control-arms.html)

TOTAL CHAOS 01-31-2023 03:23 PM

Do I really need Upper Control Arms?

1 Attachment(s)
"Do I really need upper control arms?” is a question we come across often. People will say, “But I am only lifting my vehicle a couple inches, how will I benefit from upgrading the upper control arms?” TOTAL CHAOS UCA’s are designed to function best in the 2″-3″ of lift zone and were designed make your vehicle easier to align. These hand-crafted arms are fully rebuildable and replacement parts are always in stock.

Upper Control Arm Lift Kit for Off Road Trucks and SUV's

janimal 03-01-2023 12:45 PM

I got a 2WD stock 5th Gen, will I benefit from a new UCA if lifted at 2.5-3"?
Planning to add 285s with -10 offset with 4.30 BS wheels for the looks. Also, I do feel like the steering wheel sways a bit at 60-80mph in highway. Will a new UCA fix that?

I might get a biased response but would like your thoughts anyways.

StuckintheMudd 03-09-2023 07:06 PM

Nice info. I'm about to lift my 2001 3rd Gen and have been asking myself and shops this exact question. I feel like even if I go for the 2inch lift, I "should" do upper control arms, especially since I think my current suspension is original (218K) miles. Sucks to pay the $500+ for UCA + Labor costs$$ but in the long run, I'll probably be glad I did.

steevo 03-23-2023 11:04 AM

How long has your products powdercoating lasted in heavy use scenarios? I bought a competitors brand UCA's for my 3rd Gen Tacoma in May of 2020, and by the winter time they were rusted and all of the black coating was gone. Not wanting to spend $600+ on UCA's again that look like trash in 6 months.

Is it possible to order these with a different color powdercoat?

Is the caster adjustable with these UCA's or are they preset at a certain amount for 2.5-3" of lift?

anilbourijr 07-13-2023 08:25 AM

If you lift a couple inches and your stock UCA allows you to align caster within spec then is an aftermarket UCA really required? I thought an aftermarket UCA is only needed if alignment is not possible.