Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   2006 sport electrical issue (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/313908-2006-sport-electrical-issue.html)

coolkidd 04-28-2024 10:27 PM

2006 sport electrical issue

I have an 06 sport 4.0l, just today with it turned off and the key out the rear windshield wiper was running, as well as the front running lights not turning off. I checked the fuses and installed a new battery, it's still happening. now the cabin fan is turning on and off by itself, all with the vehicle off and the key out.

when it started I could hear clicking from the fuse box under the hood as the wiper would turn on and off. Any ideas what this might be? Any help would ve greatly appreciated.

riceandpho 04-29-2024 12:16 AM

sounds like a stuck relay or a wire that is shaffed and rubbing on a ground. check all wires inside and out, possible rodent damage? loose grounds worn ignition switch?

coolkidd 04-29-2024 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riceandpho (Post 3835733)
sounds like a stuck relay or a wire that is shaffed and rubbing on a ground. check all wires inside and out, possible rodent damage? loose grounds worn ignition switch?

Not sure about rodents, it's garaged with no visible signs of them. I'm leaning towards ignition switch. we'll find out tomorrow, I have an appointment at the dealership to get a diagnostic done.

riceandpho 04-29-2024 10:48 PM

if you can remove the lower dash area at the knee, its not hard to unplug the harness from the ignition switch to confirm.

it could be something simple, anything else was done to the vehicle?

weberlukas74 05-07-2024 09:11 PM

Start by checking the relays in the fuse box. Also, damaged wiring could be causing the problem. And I’d check the grounding points too. Use a multimeter to test the voltage and continuity of the affected circuits.

weberlukas74 05-07-2024 09:12 PM

Start by checking the relays in the fuse box. Also, damaged wiring could be causing the problem. And I’d check the grounding points too. Use a multimeter to test the voltage and continuity of the affected circuits.