Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   New England Drivers.....going to 34s (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/313612-new-england-drivers-going-34s.html)

stephan07 03-21-2024 02:17 PM

New England Drivers.....going to 34s

So, Ive been riding on 285/70/17 Nittos.....They are do for a change and I bought some Cooper STT pro 315/70/17 off a forum guy. New, never used.

Called up Sullivan Tire in Bedford, MA. Used them a lot. THey told me DOT would not allow them to go above 3% increase in tire size.....

ANyone got recs for a good shop in the metrowest area?? BMC and rolling kings, should be no issue with rubbing.

comtn4x4 03-21-2024 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephan07 (Post 3832378)
So, Ive been riding on 285/70/17 Nittos.....They are do for a change and I bought some Cooper STT pro 315/70/17 off a forum guy. New, never used.

Called up Sullivan Tire in Bedford, MA. Used them a lot. THey told me DOT would not allow them to go above 3% increase in tire size.....

ANyone got recs for a good shop in the metrowest area?? BMC and rolling kings, should be no issue with rubbing.

It's gonna rub. Just sayin

stephan07 03-23-2024 09:48 AM

They are on!! No rub, by a CH. I did the BMC for the 285s before they went on. Pouring here and heading to VT for some powder. I'll post up picss

fkheath 03-23-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephan07 (Post 3832484)
They are on!! No rub, by a CH. I did the BMC for the 285s before they went on. Pouring here and heading to VT for some powder. I'll post up picss

They may not rub sitting on a flat road or highway, and going lock to lock on the steering. But what about when you get a lot of axle articulation?

AZ Craig 04-01-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fkheath (Post 3832491)
They may not rub sitting on a flat road or highway, and going lock to lock on the steering. But what about when you get a lot of axle articulation?

Not a lot of places to go wheeling in Boston unless he's hopping some curbs... ;)

stephan07 04-23-2024 06:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Craig (Post 3833125)
Not a lot of places to go wheeling in Boston unless he's hopping some curbs... ;)

Thats why its good to have 250 acres in Vermont and a place on the cape. A lot of offload stuff in VT and some good beach driving on Nauset Beach. The 4runner is not my daily, the RS6 is.

I think the tires look great. So far they seem to drive smoother than my Nittos. No rubbing at all, but I will see this weekend on some old roads up in VT.

jdm-v35 04-24-2024 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephan07 (Post 3835333)
Thats why its good to have 250 acres in Vermont and a place on the cape. A lot of offload stuff in VT and some good beach driving on Nauset Beach. The 4runner is not my daily, the RS6 is.

I think the tires look great. So far they seem to drive smoother than my Nittos. No rubbing at all, but I will see this weekend on some old roads up in VT.

Now I want to see that RS6! (I have a B9 RS5 daily)

stephan07 04-24-2024 10:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdm-v35 (Post 3835358)
Now I want to see that RS6! (I have a B9 RS5 daily)

Here you go. Unitronic Stage 2 plus intake, a little over 800 ponies. pulls and pulls and pulls......She shares a bay with the F-car, whish is actually up quite a bit in value from when I purchased it.

jdm-v35 04-24-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephan07 (Post 3835366)
Here you go. Unitronic Stage 2 plus intake, a little over 800 ponies. pulls and pulls and pulls......She shares a bay with the F-car, whish is actually up quite a bit in value from when I purchased it.

I love the RS6 and considered a RS6 or 7 but they felt too big for me and harder to fit in my garage since I park it under my lift. Are you making 800 on just pump gas?

I have IE stage 1 ecu/stage 2 tcu on my RS5 and it is fast enough for me for now. I do love modding though so it has carbon steering wheel, H&R VTF coilovers, BC Forged Wheels, Milltek race exhaust and unitronic carbon intake. Wish i could have those 2 cars in my garage!