Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   Rear wiper issue (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/310411-rear-wiper-issue.html)

Ace96 05-14-2023 10:12 AM

Rear wiper issue

Have a little different rear wiper issue compared to what I could find in the search. Our 2016 4runner the wiper will only work on intermittent setting. Flip to on and nothing happens. Spray feature does not work either. I am hoping it’s the stalk but wanted to see if there is anything else I should check first?

osugsxr 05-14-2023 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace96 (Post 3796683)
Have a little different rear wiper issue compared to what I could find in the search. Our 2016 4runner the wiper will only work on intermittent setting. Flip to on and stays in place. Spray feature does not work either. I am hoping it’s the stalk but wanted to see if there is anything else I should check first?

did you check the washer fluid level?

Ace96 05-14-2023 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osugsxr (Post 3796701)
did you check the washer fluid level?

Have not as it works on windshield. Even washer fluid is low doesn’t explain the rear wiper not working when turned to on

Ace96 12-23-2023 07:08 PM

Update. Changed fuses with no success. Changed out wiper stalk and no change. Wipers work on intermediate. Sprayer does not work. Wiper fluid is full. To sum up rear wiper works on intermediate. Does not work when turned to on nor does the sprayer work. Next steps???

plummerg 12-23-2023 07:52 PM

Make sure the rear window is all the way up..

Ace96 12-23-2023 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plummerg (Post 3823440)
Make sure the rear window is all the way up..

Double checked and tripled checked. If the window wasn’t up I would think it would work on the intermediate function.

To_fire 12-24-2023 12:55 AM

You could try to disconnect the battery for awhile to reset the hatch module. You may have to reset the window travel limits (push and hold for a few seconds when it's all the way down AND all the way up).

Ace96 12-24-2023 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by To_fire (Post 3823463)
You could try to disconnect the battery for awhile to reset the hatch module. You may have to reset the window travel limits (push and hold for a few seconds when it's all the way down AND all the way up).

I had the battery disconnected when I changed out the stalk. I did hold the button down or up. Thanks.