Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   4th Gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   06-09 headlight question (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/271948-06-09-headlight-question.html)

Androo 04-23-2019 08:50 PM

06-09 headlight question

Hey guys, I've landed a good deal on oem 06 headlamps in good condition so I'm going to do the swap into my 04. From the 2 different write ups I've went over it seems fairly easy & worth it. My only question is, I actually plan on doing an HID upgrade to them with TRS, so with that will I still need to get all the wiring harnesses from amazon that is required if you're just doing a straight swap? My apologies for what is probably an easy to figure out question. anyways, thanks in advance!

Formidable 04-24-2019 12:34 AM

I highly suggest taking a look at the following LED thread and getting in touch with the folks that have done the 06-09 swap. I had retrofit HID’s before with all the bells and whistles. These Auxbeam LED’s provide comparable performance at $29.99... which costs less than Sylvania silver stars!

Now that I have these I will not go back to HID’s period.

06-09 LED headlight bulbs. MUST TRY list

Quote:

Originally Posted by Androo (Post 3277155)
Hey guys, I've landed a good deal on oem 06 headlamps in good condition so I'm going to do the swap into my 04. From the 2 different write ups I've went over it seems fairly easy & worth it. My only question is, I actually plan on doing an HID upgrade to them with TRS, so with that will I still need to get all the wiring harnesses from amazon that is required if you're just doing a straight swap? My apologies for what is probably an easy to figure out question. anyways, thanks in advance!

The_Perrycox 04-24-2019 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Formidable (Post 3277290)
I highly suggest taking a look at the following LED thread and getting in touch with the folks that have done the 06-09 swap. I had retrofit HID’s before with all the bells and whistles. These Auxbeam LED’s provide comparable performance at $29.99... which costs less than Sylvania silver stars!

Now that I have these I will not go back to HID’s period.

06-09 LED headlight bulbs. MUST TRY list

I've tried those Auxbeam LED's and while they're quite bright for a fraction of the price... the don't hold a candle to my D2S projectors with CBI's @ 50 watts.

Formidable 04-24-2019 09:00 AM

Nope. Been there... done that. Minimal difference. Definitely not night and day and not worth the difference in price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Perrycox (Post 3277319)
I've tried those Auxbeam LED's and while they're quite bright for a fraction of the price... the don't hold a candle to my D2S projectors with CBI's @ 50 watts.

sumday 04-24-2019 05:33 PM

im interested in doing the 06+ headlight upgrade?!?

can someone please link me info?

Az4runnin 04-24-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumday (Post 3277667)
im interested in doing the 06+ headlight upgrade?!?

can someone please link me info?

How to do the 03->06 Headlight Swap. - Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

I am doing this Mod Right Now myself. This is a great Link. Get the Factory harness that you need and follow.