Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   5th gen T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/)
-   -   School me on 5th gen tail lights (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/5th-gen-t4rs/313809-school-me-5th-gen-tail-lights.html)

Dianna 04-14-2024 10:35 PM

School me on 5th gen tail lights

Hey guys, visited my parents and the neighbors flying trampoline went through the roof of their house before smashing the roof of my Mom's Honda in (total loss), hitting my Dad's 4R causing about 10k in damage and then hitting the back of mine. In addition to all the dings, I have a broken tail light. Of course, my insurance wants to replace it with aftermarket. Is there a better option on newer 5th gens that are plug and play to my 2014?

lewdog998 04-15-2024 09:40 AM

LKQ
LKQOnline

YOu can buy as individual....they are a huge source for repair shops. OEM parts that are in good condition.

Dianna 04-15-2024 09:47 AM

Thank you for the response. Someone must know if the later 5th gens have updated tail lights. I know the headlights were updated to LED in 2021, I believe.

97BlackAckCL 04-15-2024 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianna (Post 3834636)
Thank you for the response. Someone must know if the later 5th gens have updated tail lights. I know the headlights were updated to LED in 2021, I believe.

The tails have not changed, only the headlights did. There are plenty of LED aftermarket options available, but not OEM

Offroad Alliance 04-16-2024 10:45 AM

4R taillights starting in 14 were LED in the back for the brake/running lights and use halogen for the turn and reverse lights. There are options out there for full LED lights or using an aftermarket OEM housing and switching the bulbs to LED. I personally would go with a Morimoto taillight or Alpharex as those brands are very reputable, offer wonderful support and warranty on the products and offer a quality, reliable product. Give us a shout or take a look at the site, we'd be happy to help!

Offroad Alliance

Offroad Alliance

Muzzle of Bees 04-16-2024 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianna (Post 3834618)
Hey guys, visited my parents and the neighbors flying trampoline went through the roof of their house before smashing the roof of my Mom's Honda in (total loss), hitting my Dad's 4R causing about 10k in damage and then hitting the back of mine. In addition to all the dings, I have a broken tail light. Of course, my insurance wants to replace it with aftermarket. Is there a better option on newer 5th gens that are plug and play to my 2014?

Better is subjective. I can get factory replacements for just under $200.00. Paying $500.00 or above for each side for after market seems a bit cheeky but it is your money.