Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Polls (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/polls/)
-   -   Do you drive with a gun? (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/polls/100422-do-you-drive-gun.html)

TRDCal 10-21-2011 09:25 PM

Do you drive with a gun?

Saw a news story the other night about some loser who held an off-duty police officer at gun point all because of a parking spot. So it got me wondering, how many members carry a gun/weapon (exluding pocket knives/nail clippers etc) around in there 4runner.

As for me, the only weapon I drive around with is an iForce v8 :biggrin2:

knoxuni 10-21-2011 09:48 PM

i carry a machete and the pin knife on my key ring

t4r4life 10-22-2011 01:02 AM

yes i carry 2 of these guns everywhere i go
http://bicepstraining.org/wp-content...0/12/bicep.gif

KidVermicious 10-22-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja Runner (Post 891877)
Guns should be left at home for defensive purposes only. There's enough people with road rage already, throwing a gun into the mix doesn't sound like the best idea.

I'm sure there's all the gun nerds who feel that they can be the hero, carrying their gun around all the time... But, I've never been in a situation where a gun would have solved the problem.

Just because you haven't been in that situation (yet) doesn't mean that nobody else ever has or ever will.

A person doesn't need to be a "gun nerd", to use your words, to feel that they need to carry.

Dunk50 10-22-2011 10:29 AM

Are you kidding me, I would not go to Church without a gun!! Oh and for Baha and that line of thought, you and yours have called me for over 40 years to Use my guns, I tried to get there in time every time, I did not succeed! Sorry! Just sayin!

Thai 10-22-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja Runner (Post 891877)
Guns should be left at home for defensive purposes only. There's enough people with road rage already, throwing a gun into the mix doesn't sound like the best idea.

I'm sure there's all the gun nerds who feel that they can be the hero, carrying their gun around all the time... But, I've never been in a situation where a gun would have solved the problem.

Count me in as a gun "nerd"! When i am on the road in my nerdy minivan with my wife and kids, i consider that my HOME. Hero? Nah, i just need to have the means to defend my family against deadly force.

As the saying goes...It's Better to Have a Gun and Not Need It, Than to Need a Gun and Not Have it.

You do what you have to do...and i will arm myself as i feel fit. If that makes me a nerd, then so be it! I (we) have been called much worst by dumb liberal folks....

A.Wilson013 10-22-2011 02:12 PM

Baja, I will not be bashing you for your thoughts. I KINDA agree with you, in regards to a lot of the people who carry.

I have an AR-15 under my bed, and a Glock 26 in both of my cars.

My intent for this is not for me, but rather for my wife. With the amount of time I spend away from home, she is often times alone, and works rather late at night, in a not so good area. God forbid someone attempt to harm her, but what if?

I would rather her shoot a disabling shot, as she's been trained, than be assaulted. (Unless they come into the bedroom. At 5-10m she is incredible with the AR shooting center mass)

Brutus 10-22-2011 03:31 PM

I carry 100% of the time except at work. There are several circumstances, not at home, that I wouldn't feel safe without it.
If I get road rage, the gun is the last thing to come out unless I see one first.

denzryd 10-22-2011 04:19 PM

"Happiness is a warm gun" Clint Eastwood

TRDCal 10-22-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.Wilson013 (Post 892032)
My intent for this is not for me, but rather for my wife. With the amount of time I spend away from home, she is often times alone, and works rather late at night, in a not so good area. God forbid someone attempt to harm her, but what if?

I don't mean to single you out but this was a point I wanted to bring to the table. What if the situtaion arose where Jane Doe with a gun was overpowered by a perp and he turned it on her. Now the gun intended to protect her is endangering her. Would it not be better to just not have a gun in the equation to begin with? I doesn't have to be the situation above, it's just the whole idea of being overpowered and have your own gun turned on you.

Personally I don't judge anyone who drives with a gun, I don't because I'm fortunate to live in an really safe rural community but I could see the need more in the city.

Honestly tho, i'm slightly alarmed at the amount of people who do, I really hope there's a lot police officer on this forum but either way I'll think twice about cutting anyone off when if take a trip into the states :lol:

White 4x4runner 10-22-2011 09:48 PM

California.... Can't domit unless it's in a case locked and ammunition is locked in a separate compartment. Gotta love the state. But when I was up in Alaska I carried anytime I left the house. Mainly because I didn't know anybody but my roommates and a few friends. :gun6:

J-money$$$ 10-22-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White 4x4runner (Post 892256)
California.... Can't domit unless it's in a case locked and ammunition is locked in a separate compartment. Gotta love the state. But when I was up in Alaska I carried anytime I left the house. Mainly because I didn't know anybody but my roommates and a few friends. :gun6:

I always have a shotgun in my truck. The deal with the shot gun is that Im not 21 and cannot have a handgun. So i keep a little home defense 12 ga in the back seat. I usually have it in a spot for quick access, And california would surly disapprove of if. But then again im not asking for trouble so no officer should ever know its there, or that its loaded.

Dougtoms01 10-23-2011 12:01 AM

I have a Concealed Carry License and carry when ever it's legal. There are very specific requirements for self defense and most people that carry would only use them within those circumstances. Carrying my gun is like carrying my wallet, it's there if I need it. :-)

captaintg 10-23-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-money$$$ (Post 892286)
I always have a shotgun in my truck. The deal with the shot gun is that Im not 21 and cannot have a handgun. So i keep a little home defense 12 ga in the back seat. I usually have it in a spot for quick access, And california would surly disapprove of if. But then again im not asking for trouble so no officer should ever know its there, or that its loaded.

Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your post, and I have no knowledge of CA gun laws : But if you're flaunting the fact that you are breaking your state's gun laws on a public forum, then I think you may be demonstrating the exact lack of judgement and understanding of consequences that the lawmakers were concerned with when they set age limits on handguns.

Again, my apologies if I misunderstood your statement.

White 4x4runner 10-23-2011 12:22 AM

[QUOTE=captaintg;892370]Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your post, and I have no knowledge of CA gun laws : But if you're flaunting the fact that you are breaking your state's gun laws on a public forum, then I think you may be demonstrating the exact lack of judgement and understanding of consequences that the lawmakers were concerned with when they set age limits on handguns.

Again, my apologies if I misunderstood your

:iagree: