Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Classic T4Rs (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/classic-t4rs/)
-   -   Transmission Help (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/classic-t4rs/102955-transmission-help.html)

ZUKE52 11-27-2011 10:35 PM

Transmission Help

Hey guys I got my first truck, 1995 4runner 3.0 V6 auto 2WD.. The trany clunks from Reverse to Neutral to Drive.. Its low on oil and I have the trany fluid just wondering is it the yellow or red dipstick that goes to the trany? And can I pour the fuild in through the dipstick or does it go somewhere else?
Thanks

GonOvr 11-27-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZUKE52 (Post 919008)
Hey guys I got my first truck, 1995 4runner 3.0 V6 auto 2WD.. The trany clunks from Reverse to Neutral to Drive.. Its low on oil and I have the trany fluid just wondering is it the yellow or red dipstick that goes to the trany? And can I pour the fuild in through the dipstick or does it go somewhere else?
Thanks

Red dipstick and you fill it through the dipstick.

Yellow is engine oil

Might want to check the u-joints and pinion yoke for excessive play as well.

ZUKE52 11-28-2011 03:18 AM

Awsome thanks so much.. I really apreciate it... If the engine oil is low can I pour it in through the dipstick as well?

coloradodave 11-28-2011 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZUKE52 (Post 919222)
Awsome thanks so much.. I really apreciate it... If the engine oil is low can I pour it in through the dipstick as well?

Sure but it would be a lot faster to pour it in the engine oil fill.....

I would recommend to pick up a this Car Part Wholesale - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - Haynes Repair Manual

-codave

utkan 11-30-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coloradodave (Post 919242)
Sure but it would be a lot faster to pour it in the engine oil fill...
-codave

:lmao:

Or roll the truck over and fill from the drain plug right.

Just kidding, don't do that or coins will fall off the ashtray.

KidVermicious 11-30-2011 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utkan (Post 920763)
Just kidding, don't do that or coins will fall off the ashtray.

lol :D

Hyde802 11-30-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidVermicious (Post 920866)
lol :D

Yeah. I LoL'ed too. Haha.

coloradodave 11-30-2011 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utkan (Post 920763)
:lmao:

Or roll the truck over and fill from the drain plug right.

classic!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

ZUKE52 11-30-2011 07:56 PM

Thanks Guys Really apreciate all the help!!!! And jokes :p

fourwd1 12-01-2011 08:14 PM

For the clunk, check your u-joints, or even the bolts that hold the drv shft to the flanges.

ZUKE52 12-01-2011 11:49 PM

Ok thanks. Are there any essential mods I should do to my truck for off roading. Like I want to get a lift or long travel and some wheels and tires but Im not sure whats good or not?

KidVermicious 12-02-2011 04:49 AM

Quote:

Are there any essential mods I should do to my truck for off roading.
Nope.

Get it dirty first. If you're not an experienced offroader, that truck is way more capable than you are. I don't mean that as an insult, I'm just saying you don't need mods yet. I consider myself fairly experienced off-road, but my truck will go places that still scare the holy bejeezus out of me, and all it's got over stock is a mild lift.

When you do get ready to sink some money into it, get recovery gear first. Then armor, then lifts and lockers and gears and stuff.

ZUKE52 12-03-2011 03:32 AM

Thanks for the advice..Im gonna go get it on some trails this winter break!