Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum

Toyota 4Runner Forum - Largest 4Runner Forum (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/)
-   Engines / Suspension / Wheels / Tires / Audio / Accessories (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/)
-   -   Couple Questions (https://www.toyota-4runner.org/engines-suspension-wheels-tires-audio-accessories/10511-couple-questions.html)

cpayne5 05-05-2005 10:09 AM

Couple Questions

Does the overhead console (front seat) just pop out? Just the little plastic section with the lights, not the entire headliner. Also, is there a switched power supply up there that I could tap into? I want to install an XM receiver in the glasses flip down, but would like for the unit to turn off when the car turns off. I have a sunroof, if that helps.

Any insight would be great. I've got a Scion HU coming this week and would like to do this all at once.

--Chris

ZonaT4R 05-05-2005 10:29 AM

Chris,

Yes the console does come out. Just wedge your fingers between it and the headliner up by the windshield and pull down. Its held in by a couple of clips. As far as power, you could probably tap the sunroof power as the map lights won't cut it.

Someone here has done this already, do a search on sunglasses and XM or something.

cpayne5 05-05-2005 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZonaT4R
Chris,

Yes the console does come out. Just wedge your fingers between it and the headliner up by the windshield and pull down. Its held in by a couple of clips. As far as power, you could probably tap the sunroof power as the map lights won't cut it.

Someone here has done this already, do a search on sunglasses and XM or something.

Thanks. I figured it just popped out, but didn't want to try it till I knew for sure. I'll probably tap into the sunroof power, if its easy to get to.

Again, thanks!

--Chris

cpayne5 05-07-2005 07:32 PM

OK, thought I had big trouble, but it turned out to be small trouble. I pulled the console out like suggested, but the little metal clips popped off the plastic pieces up into the roof! Actually I didn't even know they were missing (or even existed) until I tried to put the thing back up in the roof and it kept hanging down. I then read on here were there supposed to be clips. So, I fished them out (very tedious :D).

I now need to know how they go back on the plastic stubs. Anybody have a picture of their assembly or know of a place where I can see a drawing of how it goes?

Thanks.
--Chris